LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Long Drive with Reg Cab?

Old 03-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
TacoMan1911 is on a distinguished road
TacoMan1911's Tacoma Gallery
Long Drive with Reg Cab?

I plan on taking my 5 lug reg cab truck on an 8 hour plus drive next week to visit family in Atlanta. I have already done the cruise control mod, so I am good there. Any ideas on how to stay comfortable on that bench seat for that long? Is there a mod or something to make it recline in any way?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Some guys have washered the front bolts that hold the bench seat to the cab. I have. It gives a little tilt.

A center armrest is where it's at however.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
they suck for not giving the bucket option.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
Trying to save the manuals
Smudgey is on a distinguished road

Name: Jack
Smudgey's Tacoma Gallery
Once a month I have a 1,000 mile round trip drive in my Taco...it doesn't even have cruise. However, I find the bench seat more comfortable than most cloth buckets I have sat in in the past. I usually keep a cardboard box in the cab wth me and rest my arm on that.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #5
Winker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shedWinker is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
Winker's Tacoma Gallery
I actually like the bench seat. I like to think I have more freedom with my torso. I've done a few 6 hour drives, nonstop. I experienced a little stiffness from sitting still for 6 hours but that is to be expected.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
Something about something
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
I went from tx to va in a single cab. granted it wasnt a taco but still the same concept. you can buy a plastic center console from walmart and use as an armrest if you are worried about it. Or do as said above, just use a cardboard box. an 8 hour trip is nothing though!

Just make sure you have some good tunes
Old 10-04-2013, 06:19 AM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Loud music, sunflower seeds, and caffeine are my friends on long trips. 8 hours is awhile but not too terrible. My drive back and forth from South Dakota to Kansas sucks, 12 hours each way and there's nothing to look at
Old 10-04-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, I really didnt find it much different on a long trip from bucket seats. I actually like being able to shift my position in the seat every so often. Bucket seats kind of hold you in place. Dont have an armrest (granted I've got a manual) and didnt really notice that much. Again, I tend to shift how i'm sitting, shift what hand it on the wheel etc.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #9
mossyoaks is on a distinguished road

Name: Chip
mossyoaks's Tacoma Gallery
Get a little pillow for lumbar support.
And pull your wallet out of your back pocket.
I just bought a 99 xcab w/reclining front split bench.
I'll tell you how it compares after a road trip this weekend!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #10
Hansel is on a distinguished road
Name: Glenn
Hansel's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on the lumbar support pillow.

Why they didn't stretch the cab just one or two inches on these trucks is a mystery to me. I'm six ft one, and I would put the seat back another inch or two if I could.

I can live with that, considering it is a good truck.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
Tacoma Enthusiast
Captain Drywall is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Captain Drywall's Tacoma Gallery
buckets

Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
they suck for not giving the bucket option.
as of 2013 the reg cab has bucket seats in it. at least 4WD I came very close to buying one. But my 5 lug is paid for. Hard to go back to payments.
Old 11-13-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
That bench is damn comfy, I did from AZ to Va and back. On the way back I did it in just over a day. I found the window with some sort of cushion on it and placing my right leg across the bench to be the most comfy. Mines a stick btw and at that time I had yet to install cruise.