Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

nice 5 lug wheels at a good deal...

Old 05-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
nice 5 lug wheels at a good deal...

After putting 235/60/16 street tires on my 5 lug Taco...

I went looking for rims and found these new model Enkei wheels and think they're really cool.

(stock photo, the ones I'm getting are 5x114.3 +38)

I just ordered a set off of ebay. The seller who ships out of Texas is offering them at 10% off so the set of 4 came to only $601 including shipping and no sales tax.

(this no sales tax thing won't last long either )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140916106744...84.m1436.l2649

There's one more full set left at this same price, if anyone else here likes them and wants to get the last $67 discount.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
dustleet is on a distinguished road
Name: Sok
dustleet's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Is the current wheel, just regular steelies?
Did you have to add any wheel spacers? It seems like it sticks out of fender a bit which looks good.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
They're stock 16x7 Tundra steelies. They fit quite well with nothing touching when turning lock to lock.

And yes, the very outer edges of the tires do just slightly protrude beyond the vertical border of the fenders by about 1/2 inch with no spacers, because the rims were made for a larger wider pickup truck.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
SicKnd is on a distinguished road
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
how did these wheels turn out? were they able to fit without spacers? post some pics plz
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #5
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
They fit perfect.

The offset is +38 which tucks the wheels under the fenders.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:04 AM   #6
vickster83 is on a distinguished road
Name: Scott
vickster83's Tacoma Gallery
Looks awesome! I love the color of those wheels.
Old 05-31-2013, 06:18 AM   #7
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
$600?! Damn I'll stick with my $250 steelies. That way when I mash 2 of them replacing them isn't all that painful
Old 05-31-2013, 08:22 AM   #8
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
$600?! Damn I'll stick with my $250 steelies. That way when I mash 2 of them replacing them isn't all that painful
Just as you thought my wheels are too expensive, I think you paid too much, because I have a set of pristine 5 lug 16x7 steelies up for sale for only $120.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 AM   #9
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah... but mine have a bitchin' red and blue stripe around the outside and say Cragar on them

And they're 15s
Old 06-03-2013, 08:49 AM   #10
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
That's cool.
Cragers are good wheels and worth the money.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:49 AM   #11

MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Actually they don't even say cragar on them since I didn't buy the center caps. Funny you say worth the money though cause it's not like I bought them because of the name or anything, they were just the cheapest black steelie I could find haha
Old 06-11-2013, 11:54 AM   #12
jvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shedjvswaim is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
jvswaim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Just as you thought my wheels are too expensive, I think you paid too much, because I have a set of pristine 5 lug 16x7 steelies up for sale for only $120.

Are they still available? Will they fit an unlifted 96 5-lug?
Old 06-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvswaim View Post
Are they still available? Will they fit an unlifted 96 5-lug?
Yes, I still have them, and they're for sale for $100 now with local pickup.

. And yes, I think you might have clearance issues as they give the truck a wider stance of about 3/4 inches on each side. This is what they look like on my 2012 with a 1 1/4 inch lift kit front and rear. The tires are 245/75/16.