Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

changed wheel size without messing up speedo

Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #1
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
changed wheel size without messing up speedo

My 2012 std cab base model 5 lug originally came from the factory with 215/70 tires on 15x6 rims.

I found that I could go to 235/60 tires on 16x7 rims while keeping the speedometer error down to less than 1%. The difference in circumference is only 3/4" .

The Enkei alloy wheels are arriving next week.

I also discovered that you can run passenger car tires on 5 lugs that you can't on 6 because the safety load ratings are lower. So I'm running fuel efficient rated Yokohama YK 580's. They're warranted for 60,000 miles.

Treadwear 580
Traction A
Temperature A.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
reece54 is a splendid one to beholdreece54 is a splendid one to beholdreece54 is a splendid one to beholdreece54 is a splendid one to beholdreece54 is a splendid one to beholdreece54 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Reece
reece54's Tacoma Gallery
Nice lookin to slam it?
Old 05-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #3
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
I doubt it. It's my daily driver work truck.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #4
I'm different, in a different way
franzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shedfranzcars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
franzcars's Tacoma Gallery
Makes it easier to put stuff in
Old 05-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #5
play every day

tooter's Tacoma Gallery
That's true.
I live in a rural area that has a potential for seasonal flooding, so I need some decent ground clearance. The Enkei Compe wheels arrive tomorrow. I'll post pics when they're on.