Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Suspension Weight

Old 05-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Weight

Hey y'all I have a question,

Getting a new bumper welded up and it's obviously heavier than the stock plastic one (don't know the weight). My question is do our 5-lugs have any options to counter extra weight (say like an ARB bumper).

I have a Fat Bob's lift and I'm on 32s.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:11 AM   #2
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
coilovers with 700lb coils ha
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i just did it. man the price hurts but imho its worth it. SDHQ keeps saying they have ICON stuff on the shelf. I would say check with them first otherwise it's a 3 week wait minimum.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #6

Im done with my build.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #8

Completely different. Feels smooth, transfers more of the road than stock. BUT less jarring then stock. A better ride then stock. Feels tuned. Goes from a weak 5lug to a strong truck.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
Where have you been Kyle? lol
Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
Completely different. Feels smooth, transfers more of the road than stock. BUT less jarring then stock. A better ride then stock. Feels tuned. Goes from a weak 5lug to a strong truck.
Sweet makes me excited to do this, I got that fat bobs lift and the roads are a bit rough..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Coma View Post
Where have you been Kyle? lol
Dude I know! Haha finally done with school so I'm starting my projects lol.... Getting a new bumper welded by my friend and it's too weighty for my current setup so looks like Duran is going MT this summer lol
Old 05-23-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Dude I know! Haha finally done with school so I'm starting my projects lol.... Getting a new bumper welded by my friend and it's too weighty for my current setup so looks like Duran is going MT this summer lol
Thought that was the plan all along? What type of bumper? (prerunner, plate?)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #12
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thought that was the plan all along? What type of bumper? (prerunner, plate?)
Oh yeah, it definitely was/is ... its a weld it yourself bumper kit.. lol

North Western Trail Innovations

http://nwtrailinnovations.com/
Old 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #13

Oh nice looks good.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh nice looks good.
thanks man... can't wait to get it finished... after its all welded up I need to grind it make sure it all looks good THEN take it in and get it powder coated white
Old 05-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #15

Quote:
thanks man... can't wait to get it finished... after its all welded up I need to grind it make sure it all looks good THEN take it in and get it powder coated white
Nice nice, mine is getting installed tomorrow
Old 05-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nice nice, mine is getting installed tomorrow

sweet man! make sure to post some pics super excited for you!
Old 05-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #17

Quote:

sweet man! make sure to post some pics super excited for you!
Thanks man! and I will def post a ton of pics
Old 05-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
if you want to use OEM style struts, Sittin Sic Stock height coils are rated at 990 ppi, which is very stiff.

Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore.
well... lol...

Looks like the route im going will definitely be TC UCAs and 2.5" Icon shocks with coilvers..