Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

lift kit options

Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #1
808tacomas is on a distinguished road
Name: kingrob
808tacomas's Tacoma Gallery
lift kit options

honestly i dont have the money to afford a lift kit rite now. so is there anything out there that can lift my truck or do i need a full on lift kit?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Daniel
DSully72's Tacoma Gallery

if you wanna go as cheap as possible, you could try a spacer/leveling kit. Its just a metal spacer that you put between the top of your shock/coil assembly up front. for the rear, you can either score some blocks or add a leafs. check out toyteclifts.com. there's also probably some "pro comp" or "fabtech" spacer and add a leaf kits on ebay as well... I don't recommend it though, better to just be patient and do it right the first time (new shocks/coils or a complete coilover assembly in the front and preferably new leaf springs in the rear). you'll also find nicer lift kits on the Toytec site as well. All pro also sells some good stuff as well. Later on you can add nice stuff like upper control arms and what not. you can also go long travel, but I don't know anything about long travel, might wanna search on that before starting a new thread though... Just tryin to bust your balls a little
Old 05-23-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
thanx bro. true ill just save up and get a lift kit. so that way everythings done correctly
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSully72 View Post

if you wanna go as cheap as possible, you could try a spacer/leveling kit. Its just a metal spacer that you put between the top of your shock/coil assembly up front. for the rear, you can either score some blocks or add a leafs. check out toyteclifts.com. there's also probably some "pro comp" or "fabtech" spacer and add a leaf kits on ebay as well... I don't recommend it though, better to just be patient and do it right the first time (new shocks/coils or a complete coilover assembly in the front and preferably new leaf springs in the rear). you'll also find nicer lift kits on the Toytec site as well. All pro also sells some good stuff as well. Later on you can add nice stuff like upper control arms and what not. you can also go long travel, but I don't know anything about long travel, might wanna search on that before starting a new thread though... Just tryin to bust your balls a little

does toytec have lifts for 5 lug? because it says
(Lift products will not fit models with 5 lug wheels)
Old 05-24-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
DSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDSully72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hm... Not to my knowledge. Perhaps fabtechmotorsports.com. You'll have to buy from a separate dealer, but check out their products. Pretty sure they have 5lug lifts
Old 05-24-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the Fat Bob's kit for spacers, it's pretty common around here. I have Fabtech lift spindles in mine to keep stock suspension characteristics (spindles essentially mount the wheel down lower to lift the truck. The UCAs and LCAs and the spring/shock stay in the exact same spot)

For the rear, you are limited to an AAL. Blocks will lower you because 5 lugs are spring under rear axles. Shackles will lower you too because 2nd gens have stupid flipped shackle mounts.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #7

There ya go! shows how much i know about 5 lugs lol.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
mistahgood is on a distinguished road
Name: Mistah
mistahgood's Tacoma Gallery
hockey pucks are cheap and do the job lol
Old 06-20-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Check out the fat bobs lift for 5 lug. It's cheap and will do the trick til u figure which route to go. I installed mine a while ago and it's done the truck for me. I run mine with 265/75r16 and will b switching to 285s when these tires or gone.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #10
Chargin18 is on a distinguished road
Name: charlie
Chargin18's Tacoma Gallery
did the fat bobs lift for your 5 lug have an aal in the rear? if so, did it lift it the height it said it would?