Notices

What to do with my 5-lug...

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
Ahawe37 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
What to do with my 5-lug...

Hey TW! honestly, how my truck is right now i feel like it has alot of potential, but i dont know what it needs besides wheels and tires because lets be honest, they are terrible...

here are a few pics of her!

and heres what is inspiring me to change my truck:

I went to discount tire and got an estimate on these wheels and tires and he said it was anywhere from $1,100 to $1,400 based on the buy-back price on my current wheels:

(Ion 179)

(Falken Rocky Mountain A/T)

i was looking at these headlights but i have a feeling i wont be able to install them by myself and i would have to pay for installation :x

I really want the Bushwacker bolt on fender flares because i feel like it adds a bit of muscle to the truck and i love that, the only problem is that they cost $416.99

EDIT: i looked on amazon for the fender flares and found them for $379.92 Link: http://www.amazon.com/Bushwacker-Toy...+fender+flares

i also would like a black metal front bumper since i have a metal back bumper now (i was rear ended) but i cant really find any in decent shape

I really want a mesh grill with "TACOMA" emblem on it like this picture but silver not red:

i need to also get a smaller antenna because my drive way is connected through an alley and peoples trees and shrubbery always hang over their fences and my antenna ALWAYS hits it.

one thing im not sure about is a lift... i dont know if i should get one and what exactly are the only lifts available for our 5-lugs?
Old 06-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #2
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
Can't complain about ion alloys, I have a set on mine (184) and they are great!

The lifts availiable for our 5-lugs are Fatbob's (What I have on mine) and ReadyLift (both are the same just one is $100 cheaper)
Then for mid-travel is the Icon MT set
Long-Travel is Total Choas which is like for heavy offroad/prerunner kinda stuff and thats heaps of money

Good Luck on your build
Old 06-19-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Isn't there spindles out for 2nd gen yet? I'm almost positive there is, American Motorsports maybe?

Also I think there's more mid travel options available than just Icon
Old 06-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #4
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, found both in one shot haha

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lon...ravel-kit.html

I'm sure there's more, just do some digging OP. I went the spindle rout, they cost me $375 for the pair. I got 3" of lift and the suspension geometry remains unchanged, none of the ride quality issues associated with spacers
Old 06-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #6

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
5-Lug has tons of potential!

Ive completely changed mine! take a look
i took a look at your build, i have to say, i love it! i was planning on getting the headlights next, what did you do to get those in and working correctly?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahawe37 View Post
i took a look at your build, i have to say, i love it! i was planning on getting the headlights next, what did you do to get those in and working correctly?
Thanks bro!

Are you talkin about the BHLM or the HIDs?
Old 06-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #8

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Thanks bro!

Are you talkin about the BHLM or the HIDs?
i honestly dont know.. haha... im assuming the HID's but heres the headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643715330...84.m1423.l2649
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i honestly dont know.. haha... im assuming the HID's but heres the headlights http://www.ebay.com/itm/380643715330...84.m1423.l2649
Do not want.
The pattern on those things sucks, even with HID lamps.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #10

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Do not want.
The pattern on those things sucks, even with HID lamps.
Dang that sucks@ i liked that light bar!

well how are these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...27c60b&vxp=mtr
Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #11

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
Can't complain about ion alloys, I have a set on mine (184) and they are great!

The lifts availiable for our 5-lugs are Fatbob's (What I have on mine) and ReadyLift (both are the same just one is $100 cheaper)
Then for mid-travel is the Icon MT set
Long-Travel is Total Choas which is like for heavy offroad/prerunner kinda stuff and thats heaps of money

Good Luck on your build
which one does the suspention? ive read that that lift is better and its "Life Vs Deathtrap" difference between the two lifts.

ReadyLift: http://www.readylift.com/c-107-toyot...-275f175r.aspx

FatBob's: http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/suspens...ts-c13323.aspx
Old 06-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #12
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Start with the fb lift and tires. It will change ur look dramatically. It will look like a "truck" after a lift. I hated the stock look and 215/70's that it comes with. Good choice on wheels. I look forward to seeing pics!
Old 06-20-2013, 07:11 AM   #13
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay yeah those are projectors... I like them but a decent set is like $400 ... I dont want to pay that much

Got my kit at a smoking deal from a friend of a friend

its an 8k bulb with a converter kit. Which allows the current to be regulated. Some kits attach themselves straight to the battery which I didnt want either.

I've been super happy with this converter kit that's for sure

ALSO Im getting a mid travel suspension here in a few days and Ill have my Fat Bob lift kit up for sale.... Ill give you a deal bro!
(it has 12,000 miles on it)
Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 AM   #14
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

What mt setup r u going with. I'm prolly gonna go mt this year.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #15
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
What mt setup r u going with. I'm prolly gonna go mt this year.
Icon coil overs 2.5 up front with TC UCAs, Icon shocks in the rear with Deaver AAL

I didn't do Resi's because I don't tear up the desert that often. So this will make the road a shit ton better and when I do go out I can have fun while all my friends crawl up rocks and beat their tacomas up haha
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #16

I was looking at the same setup with an Alan pack. Thinking about starting to buy here pretty soon. What size tire r u gonna run?
Old 06-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #17
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
I was looking at the same setup with an Alan pack. Thinking about starting to buy here pretty soon. What size tire r u gonna run?
Make sure you alan pack works.. TC specifically informs vendors that not AAL are made the same with our 5lugs... its a curse!

I worked closely with SDHQ OFFROAD ... they helped a bunch!

Ill probably just stick with my 32s.... If I wanted to go to 33s then I'd need to cut... and cutting is bad for resell.. sometimes
Old 06-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #18

I was gonna have them build a leaf pack for me. I'll do more research. Thanks man.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Dang that sucks@ i liked that light bar!

well how are these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOYOTA-TACOM...27c60b&vxp=mtr
No different.

The eBay projectors are simply junk.
TheRetrofitSource is working on a conversion kit to get a decent projector into those housings... not sure if it's available yet.
I just did a D2S projector retrofit into the stock housings.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #20

Ahawe37's Tacoma Gallery
i was thinking about getting an exhaust in the future, what kind actually work and change the sound on our 2.7l i4?

Products Discussed in this Thread