Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Newbie, trying to help son in law out....wheels and tires

Old 06-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
haskettj is on a distinguished road
Name: Clay
haskettj's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie, trying to help son in law out....wheels and tires

Hello all, like the site , I am actually a Chevy man, but my SIL, just picked himself up a 07 tacoma, plane jane, 15 inch 5 lug wheels...he wants to upgrade to 17 inch wheel and AT tires... will they fit ?? do I need to put a leveling kit on there ?? it does sit kinda low, is there a way to pick it up a few inches I dont think there has been a lowering kit installed.....aw hell I just need some pointers...anyhelp at all would be appreciated....thanks a million guys.
Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #2
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
Best bang for the buck is the fat bobs leveling kit. It has a spacer for the front and longer u bolts with an add a leaf in the rear and longer shocks. U have the option for long or short add a leaf. If he uses the bed of the truck then I'd go short. I got mine shipped for dont quote me but I think it was about 285. I run this with 265/75r16 tires.

After install with stock wheels
Newbie, trying to help son in law out....wheels and tires-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371849716.927963.jpg

With wheels and tires
Newbie, trying to help son in law out....wheels and tires-imageuploadedbytapatalk1371849773.827364.jpg

Hope this helps and welcome to tw!
Old 06-21-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
haskettj is on a distinguished road
Name: Clay
haskettj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Best bang for the buck is the fat bobs leveling kit. It has a spacer for the front and longer u bolts with an add a leaf in the rear and longer shocks. U have the option for long or short add a leaf. If he uses the bed of the truck then I'd go short. I got mine shipped for dont quote me but I think it was about 285. I run this with 265/75r16 tires.

Attachment 219196

With wheels and tires
Attachment 219197

Thanks... been ordered, gonna get on it next weekend... post pics soon...
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #4
Slammed or lifted.. ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN STOCK
Brendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrendo Ballz808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: BRENDEN
Brendo Ballz808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post

Attachment 219196

With wheels and tires
Attachment 219197

Sweet hows the shift points did you have to gear up or fif u leave the already long gears that come stock
Old 06-21-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't gotten around to regearing yet. I still get 19-20 mpg in town and 24 on the highway so not a bad loss. I recently contacted about regearing so that's next on the list.