Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Jeep jk 5 on 4.5 wheel spacers HELP!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #1
Minnis12 is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Minnis12's Tacoma Gallery
Jeep jk 5 on 4.5 wheel spacers HELP!

Hey all, I recently purchased some jeep wheel spacer that wave the right bolt pattern but upon installation I ran I into a problem. The center bore size on the spacer is just a few millimeters larger than that of my rim. It fits in the hub no problem just not the inside of the rim. I've been searching all night and I can't find anything about it. I know i saw a build a while back where the guy did a write up on how he got his jeep rims to fit and I can't find it for the life of me. Does anyone know what I can do about this issue of had anyone else run into this issue and how did you fix it? I'm gonna call a machine shop this week but if there is a way around spending the extra money I'm all for it. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
According to this site, Jeep JK wheels are 5x5.0", while earlier Wranglers are 5x4.5". http://www.myboltpattern.com/bolt-pattern-guide/
So if the wheel spacer doesn't change the bolt circle, then you can run only pre-JK wheels. Also, pre-JK wheel studs are 1/2"-20 thread, while Toyota is 12x1.5mm, so you will need non-Toyota lugnuts.

You can get hubcentric rings to bridge the gap between your 67.1 mm hub and the Jeep spacer's 71.5 mm center bore. Based on the chart here, PN 71-6706 should work.
http://www.gorilla-auto.com/hub-centric-rings-page-02

Under $7 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00280BJDW
Old 07-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #3

The pattern on them is 5 on 4.5. They are for an older model so your probly right on the old wrangler.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #4

The hub centric rings won't work because my rim is smaller bore is smaller than the spacers bore.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
I thought you wanted to run Jeep wheels. If you wanted to run Tacoma wheels, you should've bought H&R spacers for Mazdas or Nissans with the correct center bore.

At this point the cheapest solution would be to take it to a machine shop and enlarge the bore in your wheels to 71.5 mm.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #6

The ring on the spacer has a Very wide lip so I'm gonna take them to the machine shop with my spare and see if they can shave it down. I'm going to measure it in a minute but it is just a few mm off.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:44 AM   #7
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
If the lip is gone, then you lose the hubcentric locating feature. You can get wobbles at highway speeds and such.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #8

I measured from outside to outside of the ring on the spacer and it's 76.2 mm which is about 1/2" larger... Kinda bummed right now. I'm searching Craigslist for jeep rims though.
Old 07-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #9
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
76.2 mm is not a Jeep center bore size... What spacers did you actually buy?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:38 AM   #10
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
PM sent.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:13 PM   #11

Alright the box says for a jeep but doesn't say which one but I'm just gonna return them and I got another deal that I'm gonna do m thanks for the help though man I really appreciate it.

Products Discussed in this Thread