Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

5 luggers in v6

Old 07-30-2013, 06:56 PM   #1
ramirezsergio63 is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
ramirezsergio63's Tacoma Gallery
5 luggers in v6

A friend of mine has the 2012 access cab 2.7 5 lug, he says its weak when hes carryun loads of stuff in back and wants more power but without having to go prerunner, he wants it v6 5 lug but also no xrunner cause he doesnt know manual, so did toyota made the v6 available for 5 lug 2012 +?
Old 07-31-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
The only v6 powered 5lug 2nd gen Taco is the xRunner. Manual transmission only on the xRunner, auto with v6 has never been an option on the 5 lug, just like manual with v6 has never been offered on the prerunner.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUGrad05 View Post
The only v6 powered 5lug 2nd gen Taco is the xRunner. Manual transmission only on the xRunner, auto with v6 has never been an option on the 5 lug, just like manual with v6 has never been offered on the prerunner.
I guess my friend is gonna have to settle with his 2.7, he doesn know how to drive stick an doesnt like the prerunner cause he doesnt like to climb up on the bed to get stuff, he complains on my prerunner but idgaf, i get all the chiks not him cause i always have the 'big' truck and chiks say he has the 'work' truck, but oh well its his choice
Old 07-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirezsergio63 View Post
I guess my friend is gonna have to settle with his 2.7, he doesn know how to drive stick an doesnt like the prerunner cause he doesnt like to climb up on the bed to get stuff, he complains on my prerunner but idgaf, i get all the chiks not him cause i always have the 'big' truck and chiks say he has the 'work' truck, but oh well its his choice
It's a good thing neither of you have a friend with a 4wd Tacoma... You two would be stuck together in a sausage fest
Old 07-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #5
Blasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlasphemous is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blasphemous's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISUGrad05 View Post
There are manual V6 PreRunners. Just not offered in DoubleCab LongBed.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
It's a good thing neither of you have a friend with a 4wd Tacoma... You two would be stuck together in a sausage fest
Theres a guy we know with a 4wd taco but he's the one stuck in the sausage fest if u know what i mean
Old 07-31-2013, 04:29 PM   #7
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Ah.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
I wish i had that option when i was at the dealer, phuuck
Old 08-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #9
Public Servant Enemy #1
ISUGrad05 is on a distinguished road

ISUGrad05's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
Ok, I stand corrected on the manual v6 prerunners on 2nd gen. Seems it has been an option on accesscabs, but Toyota is so screwy with how they only sell certain model configurations in certain regions. I was looking all over for a new prerunner with a manual in 2011 and couldn't find one anywhere and the dealers I talked to told me the option was dropped at the end of 2010. I ended up with a 2011 5 lug manual as a result. Now I'm driving a 5.7 4x4 Tundra with 6 speed auto... Go figure.