Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

ATTN ALL 5-LUGGERS: SCS Performance Wheels for 5-Lug Tacomas! Show SCS your interest!

Old 10-16-2013, 10:47 AM   #61
AeroKen is on a distinguished road

Name: Kendrick
AeroKen's Tacoma Gallery
Please put me down for the Matte Gunmetal F-5s, assuming the SR8s aren't going to be lighter.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #62
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^
This makes 14. Is that close enough for the GB (please say yes I want some wheels that FIT)
Old 10-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #63
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
^^^^
This makes 14. Is that close enough for the GB (please say yes I want some wheels that FIT)
I was actually looking for 10 committed buyers for a particular model before we can proceed. As it stands, the F5 will be the quickest design to get done first.

Between the 3.5" and 4.5" bs, which would you guys like to see offered.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:50 AM   #64
This space intentionally left blank.
Boring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoring is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Discharged honorably many years ago.
Boring's Tacoma Gallery

Trying the F5s (silver) out. Not quite my truck, but close.

I wonder how much it costs to have wheels powder-coated in a custom color.
Old 10-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #65

AeroKen's Tacoma Gallery
Don't want the wheel to protrude outward more than it has to. So more backspacing the better (4.5")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring View Post

I wonder how much it costs to have wheels powder-coated in a custom color.
The wheels are small enough, you could probably powder-coat them yourself. The main issue with powder coating is most of us don't have a way of curing extra large objects at high temps (like say with roll cages).

Probably won't cost much to have it done, but price will vary widely. Check locally.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #66
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
I was actually looking for 10 committed buyers for a particular model before we can proceed. As it stands, the F5 will be the quickest design to get done first.

Between the 3.5" and 4.5" bs, which would you guys like to see offered.
I'd probably go with 4.5" BS as long as you can still clear a 31-33" tire on lifted suspension. I might have to reconsider F5's......

Is there any possibility that matte silver will be offered as a color choice?
Old 10-22-2013, 01:37 AM   #67
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
I'd be down for the F-5s as well since that seems to be the popular wheel of choice at the moment. Let's do this!
Old 10-22-2013, 06:43 AM   #68
dcvt16 has a spectacular aura aboutdcvt16 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Ehren
dcvt16's Tacoma Gallery
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKen View Post
Don't want the wheel to protrude outward more than it has to. So more backspacing the better (4.5")

Yes, on a stock fendered truck 4.5 almost sticks out too much. I have 4.5 bs on my truck and it makes it hard to make full use of the mid travel kit with 265/70/16 because the tires hit the fenders and bedsides, and not inside like tuck, but the tread contacts and soon i will damge a fender.

Ill get some pics.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #69

AeroKen's Tacoma Gallery
Hmm, something to keep in mind. I'm going to want narrower tires anyway, something like the 235/85r16, BFGoodrich Commercial T/As.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #70
Inohelp is on a distinguished road
Inohelp's Tacoma Gallery
So is this really happening??
Old 10-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #71
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inohelp View Post
So is this really happening??
The F5 will happen when we place our next order with our manufacturer.
Old 10-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #72

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
The F5 will happen when we place our next order with our manufacturer.
Awesome!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:53 AM   #73
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Can't wait!

Quote:

Quick Photoshop mockup for myself.
Quote:

Thanks for the photoshop renditions. Added them to the original post.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:02 AM   #74
Inohelp is on a distinguished road
Inohelp's Tacoma Gallery
So are the colors set on just those 4? I'm more interested in silver if you guys can do that.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #75
SicKnd is on a distinguished road
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
I hope these come out soon. im saving up for a set of varrstoen es2 wheels, but if these are out sooner then ill buy these instead.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #76

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Any estimate of when these will be ready for purchase? I'm assuming Jan/Feb '14
Old 12-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #77
Stealth Custom Series™

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Any estimate of when these will be ready for purchase? I'm assuming Jan/Feb '14
I honestly do not have an estimate yet, but when I do, I will post it up here.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #79
Eatshots is on a distinguished road

Name: Robert
Eatshots's Tacoma Gallery
Do we have a price on the sr8 yet?