Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

ATTN ALL 5-LUGGERS: SCS Performance Wheels for 5-Lug Tacomas! Show SCS your interest!

Old 08-01-2013, 04:21 PM   #1
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
Stupid hurts.'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Stupid hurts.
Exclamation ATTN ALL 5-LUGGERS: SCS Performance Wheels for 5-Lug Tacomas! Show SCS your interest!

Hey guys, as many of you know, SCS Performance makes awesome wheels for the 6-lug Tacomas and just started making some for the 5-lug Tundras. I'm trying to see if there are other people who, like me, are interested in seeing some 5-lug Tacoma SCS Performance wheels being offered. We would need at least 10 people that are willing to go through with it and pay a small deposit of $100, which of course would be deducted to the final cost of the wheels, to get them to make what could be the first batch of 5-lug SCS Performance wheels like the F-5, Stealth 6, or even the newly released SR8s! I've already talked to Vin at SCS Performance and he's willing to go through with it if we can make this happen.

To see other info regarding their wheels or pics of their wheels installed on trucks, visit SCS Performance's website by clicking here!

Here are some pics of the wheels and colors they currently offer...

F-5s (Price: $145/Per Wheel = $580 Per Set)

F-5:
1. Quaker (gunmetal)
2. shawnphoto (bronze)
3. Josephm (gunmetal)
4. Inohelp (gunmetal)

Stealth 6s (Price: $170/Per Wheel = $680 Per Set)

Stealth 6:
1. fgcutaco
2. Xer0 SiN
3. SicKnd (black)

They just announced the release of their new wheels, the SR8s (Price: TBD)

SR8:
1. Stupid hurts. (bronze)
2. BRan
3. SicKnd (black)
4. afd23a (white)
5. dcvt16
6. Inohelp

Adding some photoshopped pictures courtesy of TW user Boring...

If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to shoot me a PM!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent post Steven. We definitely want to make this happen for you guys so if there's enough interest, we will do our best to make it a reality.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #3
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
My dreams can come true?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Some of the best news I've heard in possibly the last decade!!!! 5 lug Stealth 6's, hell yeah!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #4
BRan will become famous soon enough

Name: Branden
BRan's Tacoma Gallery
I'm Interested. SR8s
Old 08-01-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Hoogie boogie!
Stupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shedStupid hurts. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSPerformance View Post
Excellent post Steven. We definitely want to make this happen for you guys so if there's enough interest, we will do our best to make it a reality.
Thanks Vin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgcutaco View Post
My dreams can come true?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Some of the best news I've heard in possibly the last decade!!!! 5 lug Stealth 6's, hell yeah!
Our dreams can come true if we can find at least 10 people interested and willing to put a small deposit down, which of course would go towards the total cost of the wheels. PM sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRan View Post
I'm Interested. SR8s
PM sent as well.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #6
Hoogie boogie!

Just for clarification, these SCS wheels will be made to spec for our trucks! This means they will also be hubcentric with the 5x114.3 (5x4.5) bolt pattern and have the correct backspacing to clear our front brake calipers.

I'm going to start a list to see who is interested in what and in what color. Please quote only the list below and add your name.

SR8:
1. Stupid hurts. (bronze)

F-5:

Stealth 6:
Old 08-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
holy shit, the 8s are amazing! those on a slammed mini.....fuck i need some new boxers
Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #8
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
if you want 5 luggers, also hit up customtacos.com
Old 08-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #9
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
you've got to be kidding me. If I had any money right now...
Old 08-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #10
Just a Taco guy, both food & truck
TheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheRedTac0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Christopher
TheRedTac0's Tacoma Gallery
oh this is definitely happening
Old 08-02-2013, 12:30 PM   #11
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
if you want 5 luggers, also hit up customtacos.com
Good call, Greg! That's where I used to be before here on TW, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
you've got to be kidding me. If I had any money right now...
That seems to be the general consensus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedTac0 View Post
oh this is definitely happening
I hope it does. I've been wanting to see this happen since SCS first released the F-5s. No one makes wheels to our specs.

If you're interested, please spread the word and post up what SCS wheel you'd like to see and in what color. Let's get the list going!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #12
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea what the deposit and total cost would be? Are they going to be in the same sizes s the 6-lug versions?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Any idea what the deposit and total cost would be? Are they going to be in the same sizes s the 6-lug versions?
Deposit would be $100, which would go to the total cost of the wheels at $680. They will be the same size, but different specs regarding bolt pattern, offset, backspace, and hub bore size.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:00 AM   #14
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid hurts. View Post
Deposit would be $100, which would go to the total cost of the wheels at $680. They will be the same size, but different specs regarding bolt pattern, offset, backspace, and hub bore size.
Thanks!
Old 08-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #15
Xer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of lightXer0 SiN is a glorious beacon of light

Army: veterans affairs
Xer0 SiN's Tacoma Gallery
i would throw a set of stealth 6s on my xb >=).
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #16
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Oh if I only had an endless pit of money.

I like the 5's in gunmetal.

I have ZERO problem with the design of the OE 5 lug wheel. I kinda like it actually. The bright OE silver rim color is a HUGE problem. And the tiny, tiny bitch tires that come on it.

At least I look good rolling around all lifted up and stuff now on my rattle-canned OE's.

OP, you really know how to blow my paychecks, don't ya guy.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #17
Scotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud ofScotty3 has much to be proud of
Name: charley
Scotty3's Tacoma Gallery
If the wheels where a little narrower I would definitely be in for some stealth 6's for my boat trailer.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #18

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
I think I'm down for a set. Probably the F5 in gunmetal or if the silver matte is available I'd consider that too. I like the way the stealth 6's look but I think I'd rather stick with a 16" rim.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
Hoogie boogie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 SiN View Post
i would throw a set of stealth 6s on my xb >=).
What color? I'll add you to the prospective list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Oh if I only had an endless pit of money.

I like the 5's in gunmetal.

I have ZERO problem with the design of the OE 5 lug wheel. I kinda like it actually. The bright OE silver rim color is a HUGE problem. And the tiny, tiny bitch tires that come on it.

At least I look good rolling around all lifted up and stuff now on my rattle-canned OE's.

OP, you really know how to blow my paychecks, don't ya guy.
Hahaha, you bet. I'll add you to the prospective list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty3 View Post
If the wheels where a little narrower I would definitely be in for some stealth 6's for my boat trailer.
Unfortunately, they will be in the 17x8.5 spec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
I think I'm down for a set. Probably the F5 in gunmetal or if the silver matte is available I'd consider that too. I like the way the stealth 6's look but I think I'd rather stick with a 16" rim.
I'll add you to the list!