Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Performance Upgrade AFTER a Re-gear. HELP!

Old 08-07-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
ACGrenade is on a distinguished road
Name: Andy
ACGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
Performance Upgrade AFTER a Re-gear. HELP!

Ok, So two years ago I installed a Ready Lift on my 2006 Tacoma 5 Lug. Then Shortly after I installed 285/60/R18 rims and tire combination when I needed new tires.

Last year I installed a 4.10 third member in the rear end to get a little smoother ride at cruising speed. BTW, thanks for all the suggestions for that upgrade! hooked me up big time!

About a month ago I installed a factory Toyota hitch and wiring harness because I bought a boat. Well, the boat arrived and I have hauled it around central Florida several times with the family.

The boat and trailer combination weigh approximately 1500 pounds, so it is nothing too extreme for my 2.7L to pull; however, I fell like I should have so much more pulling power after the re-gear?

I watch Powerblock on Spike TV religiously and they are always mentioning Performance Modules, "Chips", and other upgrades to retune your factory computer settings once upgrades have been installed.

What do they offer for our trucks? My truck needs a solid tune and It feels like I am losing so much power. With the boat attached to the rig or not, it still needs a solid tune.

Can anyone help me???
Old 08-07-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
No. There are no magic "chips" for our little engines.

URD offers a MAF calibrator but I believe it's for the v6's.

The ECU's on our engines aren't reflashable so if you want to "tune" it you're gonna need alot more than just a chip lol.