Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

My Wheel and Tire decision

Old 08-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Tacodell13 is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired
Tacodell13's Tacoma Gallery
My Wheel and Tire decision

Hello Fellow Taco Fans! After years of wanting one I finally bought myself a Taco. It is nothing special but is a blank canvas. It's a base 2wd regular cab, 5 lug, white, 2005. It is setting on stock 15 inch steelies. I have no desire to lift it or try and make it look like a 4wd but I do not like it as is. I think the rear is sitting slightly lower than the front. I am planning to add a leaf spring from Fat Bob to fix this.

I don't like the stock rims and would like to fill in the wheel well a little more. I would like to avoid hurting the mpg, the ride and to much speedo error as much as possible. My options as I see them are to keep 15 inch rims and go with a slightly taller tire or increase to a 16 inch rim without a taller tire.

My question? Any other options without the lift? I don't want 18's with low profile tire look... Just a beefier looking regular truck...

Also, what are the pros and cons of the 15 vs. the 16 inch on a base suspension?

Thanks! This forum has been a huge help!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tires are cheaper for 15s, that's about it. I personally like the look of the stock steelies once you get some bigger tires on them, maybe try that before dropping cash on new wheels