Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

OK, son in laws 5 lugger again, we put Fat Bobs

Old 11-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
haskettj is on a distinguished road
Name: Clay
haskettj's Tacoma Gallery
OK, son in laws 5 lugger again, we put Fat Bobs

2.75 inch lift on it and it looks great, put the larger tires on looks even better, so of course like evryone said, now he has seen it it with that lift he wants to go higher. Read all the negative posts about body lifts and we will not do that ... I looked on the net and it appears he does not have to many options, unless there in something I am not seeing.. I told him if we were going to do it we should at least get a 6 inch.... any advice from you pros here.... thanks..
Old 11-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #3
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly, with 5 luggers, the only real options we have for lifts are fat bobs, mid travel or long travel. If it's height you're looking for none of them will really yield the looks of a procomp or fab tech 6 inch lift on a 6 lug. I hate to say it but, you just won't get much more out of it.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
revised
TrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrdSurgie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: HM2
TrdSurgie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
With body lift 2 inch would be the highest but I say just do a 1 inch body lift
Don't listen to this.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #5
Mr.Schertz is on a distinguished road

Mr.Schertz's Tacoma Gallery
lets see the pictures
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 AM   #6
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
the 6lugs major difference is HEIGHT. they have the same suspension travel, so if height is what you're after, then you have to trade it in.