Notices

2.75 lift ?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
BforBriAN is on a distinguished road
Name: Brian
BforBriAN's Tacoma Gallery
2.75 lift ?

hey guys i am getting the 2.75 lift and rear AAL and plan on getting 31/10.5/15 tires on the stock steelies. My question is was there any rubbing or anything with this set up. I've looked through the threads and no answer. Thanks!!
Old 11-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
31's on a 2.75" lift? I don't see rubbing being a problem. What are you doing up front for your lift?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXP65660K

^is the exact lift. so 2.75 front and 1.75 rear
Old 11-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Already ordered?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
nope not yet haha why?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #6
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
You won't rub with 2.75". I run a 32" tire with no issues and I'm at 3".
Old 11-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Pick yourself up a set of Bilstein 5100's and set them at 2.5" for the front.
That kit is overpriced for what you get.
Old 11-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Front height adjustable 5100's ($170)
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/b...trut-set-c477/

Rear AAL ($75)
http://wheelersoffroad.com/product/a...dd-a-leaf-kit/
Old 11-24-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
will those work on a 5 lug? haven't seen many on here with those i don't think
Old 11-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
actually just found the thread...they won't work on 5 lugs thanks though
Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #11
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Ahhh your a 5 lugger haha

Give yourself some good research time before you purchase. Lots of info on here to steer you one way or another. I looked to see what you had for a truck but only saw it was an 09'
Old 11-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #12
haha yeah man thanks though sweet truck btw
Old 01-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #13
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
.MarkyMark.'s Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the ReadyLift SST w/AAL (2.75"f, 1.75"r) kit on my 5 lug and plan on throwing 31's on it Saturday. I currently run 235/75/15 and which basically calculates out to 9.25" wide. The rear tires at 31x10.5 will be just fine, it's the front that will rub against the stock sway bar at full lock. Instead of buying wheels (I like the stock look), I'm gonna throw on some hub-centric wheel spacers at 1.25". I like the clearance the 235 has from the sway bar, so if I'm increasing the width by 1.25" I need to space the wheel at least .75" but I want to have a slightly wider stance in the front. Do keep in mind that the rear shocks will need to be replaced for ones with longer length and after extensive research I chose the Rancho rs5000's because they are about 2" longer than the bilstein 4600hd's (which are the only bilstein's that will properly fit a stock 5 lug). Good Luck.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #14
dustleet is on a distinguished road
Name: Sok
dustleet's Tacoma Gallery
i have a pair...

Quote:
Originally Posted by .MarkyMark. View Post
I just installed the ReadyLift SST w/AAL (2.75"f, 1.75"r) kit on my 5 lug and plan on throwing 31's on it Saturday. I currently run 235/75/15 and which basically calculates out to 9.25" wide. The rear tires at 31x10.5 will be just fine, it's the front that will rub against the stock sway bar at full lock. Instead of buying wheels (I like the stock look), I'm gonna throw on some hub-centric wheel spacers at 1.25". I like the clearance the 235 has from the sway bar, so if I'm increasing the width by 1.25" I need to space the wheel at least .75" but I want to have a slightly wider stance in the front. Do keep in mind that the rear shocks will need to be replaced for ones with longer length and after extensive research I chose the Rancho rs5000's because they are about 2" longer than the bilstein 4600hd's (which are the only bilstein's that will properly fit a stock 5 lug). Good Luck.
pm'd
Old 01-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #15
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Why didn't you just get eibach lift coils?
Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #16
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: A1C
Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
Why didn't you just get eibach lift coils?
Again, if you're talking about the Eibach coils from Toytec you can NOT run those on a 5-lug. People have told you this already. So stop recommending this please.
Old 01-19-2014, 12:32 PM   #17
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Again, if you're talking about the Eibach coils from Toytec you can NOT run those on a 5-lug. People have told you this already. So stop recommending this please.
It's gonna work! All depends on how bad you want them
Old 01-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #18
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
It's gonna work! All depends on how bad you want them
They are way too stiff and will max out your lower and upper ball joints leaving you absolutely no travel.

Unless you do some custom fab work on your coil buckets and everything. The Eibach lift coils will NOT fit a 5-lug.

Toytecs website even states this:

"NOTE: Toytec Lifts Suspension parts do not fit 5 wheel lug Tacoma’s.
Please check your application before ordering."
Old 01-19-2014, 04:11 PM   #19

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
They are way too stiff and will max out your lower and upper ball joints leaving you absolutely no travel.

Unless you do some custom fab work on your coil buckets and everything. The Eibach lift coils will NOT fit a 5-lug.

Toytecs website even states this:

"NOTE: Toytec Lifts Suspension parts do not fit 5 wheel lug Tacoma’s.
Please check your application before ordering."
Not tryina be a d' but do you know the requirements? i want a mid travel setup for my truck. i feel like i could do the shock hoop setup to bring the mounting up a little higher and BPE to make the bottom fit in place. unless i get some ctrl arms.
Old 01-19-2014, 10:46 PM   #20

Quote:
Not tryina be a d' but do you know the requirements? i want a mid travel setup for my truck. i feel like i could do the shock hoop setup to bring the mounting up a little higher and BPE to make the bottom fit in place. unless i get some ctrl arms.
No clue. I'm sure you could fab something up though.

Products Discussed in this Thread