LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Straight bolt on black rims. "No mods"

Old 12-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
Funny, I tried a 15x7 4" BS pro comp D window and it didn't even come close to clearing the brake caliper mounting bracket on my '05 5-lugger. I also tried some 15x8 4.5" BS procomps (after reading on a forum they fit) and a black rock and neither cleared the caliper mounting bracket, although they were much closer to fitting than the 15x7.
I need to recant my previous statement. The wheels I bought were procomp 15x7, 4.5" BS, -12mm offset. OP I'm glad you found a size that fits without spacers.
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 AM   #22
gitsum will become famous soon enough
Name: Gitsum
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
Heres some offset pics
Attached Thumbnails
Straight bolt on black rims.  "No mods"-image.jpg  
Old 12-20-2013, 05:46 AM   #23
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
#2. I dont know why they are showing up sideways. Posting from my phone
Attached Thumbnails
Old 12-20-2013, 05:50 AM   #24
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
#3. And only lets me upload 1 at a time
Attached Thumbnails
Old 12-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #25
Is it finished yet?
TommyTacomaNC is on a distinguished road
Navy: USS R. G. Bradley (FFG-49) OS2
Name: Chad
TommyTacomaNC's Tacoma Gallery
Gitsum, thanks again for posting up pics, and doing it so quickly! I think that with 235's it'll sit just right stock, until I get the urge to get bigger (maybe once I pay off the motorcycle.) You've created a sharp lookin truck!!!
Old 12-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! So you doin new rims and tires or the stock rims and tires? I think it would be great with the 235's and black rims without the lift. Or ... Of course add the lift and any size tire you could squeeze under the fenders! Im def. goin 33's next time and re-gearing! THE BIGGER THE BETTER!
Old 12-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #27
Is it finished yet?
My plan (if the tax man cooperates) is to do the Cragar D 15X7 that you were kind enough to share the part number for, with BFG TA/KO 235/75/15 with stock ride heigth, however I will be pulling a trailer for my second job sometimes, so we'll see if i need an AAL for the rear, that being the case, I'll go ahead with a "ready lift" AAL "leveling kit" you see the slippery slope there, then it'll need bigger tires, re-gear etc..
Old 12-21-2013, 06:10 AM   #28
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
Great plan. I love thoses tires. I had them in 33" on my old '96 re-geared taco and they were great but are a little expensive for me now. I might go back to them again next time. Ive already pretty much decided to do 33's and a 2" body next go around.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:32 PM   #29
eclipse22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Marcin
eclipse22's Tacoma Gallery
then these cragers should work fine with 06 - 13 tacomas?
Old 12-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #30
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
I would certainly think so, but I would like to hear from those that say they wont. Maybe try to understand exactly why. As far as I know they are all the same.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you wanna try them, order just one to check first
Old 12-30-2013, 03:40 AM   #31
Is it finished yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitsum View Post
I would certainly think so, but I would like to hear from those that say they wont. Maybe try to understand exactly why. As far as I know they are all the same.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, if you wanna try them, order just one to check first
+1 on this.. I have read countless pages here, and on a couple other Taco boards, for some reason, it REALLY DOES seem to be a hit or miss deal, it's like Toyota builds the front end of these trucks with WHATEVER left over front wheel drive parts they have laying around. It really would be useful to know if it's a Camry front end? Something out of a minivan? Maybe it's from a Crayola (Corolla)... LOL
Old 12-31-2013, 05:20 AM   #32
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a good point that I have not thought of until now. There are a couple people that say they are going to try the exact wheel that I used. I hope to hear back from them with the results. I know that there are some toyota service tech's here in TW that may be able to explain whats going on. (If its a random thing). I hope they chime in on this as my taco cant be the only one that accepts standard bolt on wheels.... Can it?
Old 01-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #33
Is it finished yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitsum View Post
Thats a good point that I have not thought of until now. There are a couple people that say they are going to try the exact wheel that I used. I hope to hear back from them with the results. I know that there are some toyota service tech's here in TW that may be able to explain whats going on. (If its a random thing). I hope they chime in on this as my taco cant be the only one that accepts standard bolt on wheels.... Can it?
Have you heard back from any other folks that have said they are going to try that wheel? I'm just waiting on the tax man.. then we'll see about wheels.... er uh or a new compound bow.. LOL how are those wheels working out on your truck? Still doing okay?
Old 01-26-2014, 11:33 AM   #34
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTacomaNC View Post
Have you heard back from any other folks that have said they are going to try that wheel? I'm just waiting on the tax man.. then we'll see about wheels.... er uh or a new compound bow.. LOL how are those wheels working out on your truck? Still doing okay?
Literally just about to post, just got back from the garage, mounted and balanced. Straight bolt on, no spacers, no rubbing. WELL DONE OP. Had the Fatbobs in for a little bit, just waiting for these 235s to wear out then up to 31s

Old 01-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #35
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Same rims @ Summit Racing for $57.60
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3425712/overview/

Here is the JEGS brand that is $53 but with only 3.75 backspace (obligatory, would it fit?)
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...arentProductId=
Old 01-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #36
Is it finished yet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtye View Post
Literally just about to post, just got back from the garage, mounted and balanced. Straight bolt on, no spacers, no rubbing. WELL DONE OP. Had the Fatbobs in for a little bit, just waiting for these 235s to wear out then up to 31s

That looks GREAT, thanks so much for posting up pics!! Are those 235/75/15's?!?
Old 01-26-2014, 08:32 PM   #37
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTacomaNC View Post
That looks GREAT, thanks so much for posting up pics!! Are those 235/75/15's?!?
Yep, 235/75/15 Goodyear Wranglers. Good tire and i still have a ton of tread left, but it took everything in me to not just pull the trigger on 31s as soon as i got the lift
Old 01-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #38
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
SWEEEEETT!

Looks great! Im glad you had the same results as me. Mine are doing great but Im waiting for the weather to let up a little to do a gear swap. I need to tow my powerwashing trailer and need a little more umph.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #39
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I read though this thread and maybe I missed it, but, the offset on OPs wheels was 0mm correct? And will a larger hub bore on a wheel affect performance? I noticed the hub bore for the cragars was 83mm and 5 lug hub bore is 60mm I believe.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:07 PM   #40
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
I read though this thread and maybe I missed it, but, the offset on OPs wheels was 0mm correct? And will a larger hub bore on a wheel affect performance? I noticed the hub bore for the cragars was 83mm and 5 lug hub bore is 60mm I believe.
The larger hub bore is just so the wheels will fit on more than one make of vehicle. They use the lugs to center the wheel on the vehicle (lugcentric) vs. stock wheels which use the hub on the vehicle to center the wheel (hubcentric). Because the aftermarket wheels are lugcentric they might not get centered as perfectly as a stock OEM wheel. This can cause vibration very similar to out of balance tires/wheels. If you have this issue you can use some hubcentric spacers. They fit on the hub on the vehicle and increase the diameter of the hub to the bore of the wheel. I had this issue with the alloys that I have, not sure if people have this issue with these steelies.