Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

cheep back end lift question

Old 01-09-2014, 10:41 PM   #1
jamesrenoallen is on a distinguished road

Name: James
jamesrenoallen's Tacoma Gallery
cheep back end lift question

so when you look under your five lug taco you see that the rear axle sits on top of the leaf springs right? And when you look under a prerunner or 4wd the axle sits under the leafs right? So why can you not simply take your springs off lower your axle put the springs on top and flip the mounting hardware upside down? I feel like there is something I'm not considering or something that may get damaged if its attended?
Old 01-11-2014, 04:55 PM   #2
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
No you can not just flip the axle under the leafs on a 5 lug. Totally different setup on over axle and under axle applications. I believe they make axle flip kits though, not sure if they are for second or first gen. If you want a cheap rear lift for a 5lug go with an Add A Leaf. It simply slides another stiffer leaf into your stock leaf pack thus lifting and stiffening up the rear end.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
jamesrenoallen is on a distinguished road

Name: James
jamesrenoallen's Tacoma Gallery
does an add a leaf just stop the stock leaf pack from flattening out as much or does it create a tighter curve in it?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:18 AM   #4
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrenoallen View Post
does an add a leaf just stop the stock leaf pack from flattening out as much or does it create a tighter curve in it?
It is a stiffer spring with a bit higher arch to it. So it provides a bit of lift and a bit of firmness at the same time. Which in turn raises your load capacity a little, increases handling characteristics and reduces bottom outs when under load.
Old 02-03-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
^ this ... aal and be done
Old 02-11-2014, 05:16 PM   #6
Fobella is on a distinguished road
Fobella's Tacoma Gallery
I went to a place to get an AAL for my truck, and they said it would lower my truck instead of lifting it, are they wrong, or was I missing something with the SUA 5lugger?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #7
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I've heard you can do the flip with the leafs. but you'd have to get shock tabs remounted
Old 02-12-2014, 12:56 AM   #8

F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobella View Post
I went to a place to get an AAL for my truck, and they said it would lower my truck instead of lifting it, are they wrong, or was I missing something with the SUA 5lugger?
They are idiots and you should not buy anything from them. An AAL will lift your truck when installed.