Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

MarkyMark's Build

Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #21
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
.MarkyMark.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightMedic178 View Post
This looks awesome!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Where did you find a pair and what did they run you $$ wise if you don't mind telling?
I started googling like a mad man lol. I found the best results from this place

http://www.car-part.com/cgi-bin/sear...erPage=1&iKey=

From those search results I reached out to the closest place with the best conditioned seats. I got both for $248.40 shipped to my door, which is next day delivery... so tomorrow from 11am-12pm they arrive! So excited for my next project. Pics to come.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
dustleet is on a distinguished road
Name: Sok
dustleet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by .MarkyMark. View Post
Attachment 251499

Attachment 251501
1.25"

Got my spacers from Dustleet today... No more rub at full lock.

Thanks again man!
Looking good Mark!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #23
play every day
tooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CH47 Chinook mechanic
Name: Greg
tooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then came the Volant Cold Air Intake. I had to switch the headrests to face backwards so I didn't always feel like I was leaning forward.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the headrest tip. Just flipped mine around, too.

Greg
Old 01-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #24
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooter View Post
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the headrest tip. Just flipped mine around, too.
Greg
Haha, glad to see you liked that! It makes such a big difference to the comfort level, at least for me...
Old 01-17-2014, 11:17 PM   #25
Jesus follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
Looks good. Ditch the bench. These FJ buckets are where it's at fellas. They bolted right in.
Done. Thanks for the tip!

FJ Seats installed, gotta work on the seat belts next... just couldn't wait to install them and test drive them to work tomorrow! Plus, I'm gonna have them shampooed on my lunch break.

Tomorrow's project... Window VentVisors

Old 01-18-2014, 01:43 AM   #26
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Done. Thanks for the tip!

FJ Seats installed, gotta work on the seat belts next... just couldn't wait to install them and test drive them to work tomorrow! Plus, I'm gonna have them shampooed on my lunch break.

Tomorrow's project... Window VentVisors
Hell yeah man! They look great, how did the maiden voyage go with em' in?

Nice work, but you got a little more to do...hehehe. I replied to your PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 06:30 AM   #27
Jesus follower

It completely solved the "falling out of the seat" issue. I've always had bucket style seating in my vehicles. Having that bench seat and trying to go around corners wasn't as effortless as I liked. Secondly, they are much stiffer (not less comfortable but stouter) and provide better support which my back will surely thank me for. It took some getting used to with the armrest, but I love that feature.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:12 PM   #28
dustleet is on a distinguished road
Name: Sok
dustleet's Tacoma Gallery
after the seat swap,
what did you guys do with the airbag system?
Do you guys drive with the airbag light on?
Old 01-27-2014, 12:19 AM   #29
Jesus follower

1) You have to transfer the airbag sensor system into the fj seat and all the wiring from the bench seat will convert over with a little finesse.

2) There is a hidden grey wire under the passenger side carpet, near the center console.

3) Then plug in the magnet sensor from your bench seat and just let it hang there.

4) You'll have to convert the seat belts too...

...If you get bored after you're all done, then change the color of your radio to match the other doodads.

Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 PM   #30
Will922 is on a distinguished road
Will922's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Then I got it aligned and threw some 31x10.5 Grabber AT2's on my stock wheels. There is slight rub at full lock, but I'm waiting for some spacers to arrive from UPS. I'll post more pics as I add goodies
Attachment 250961
What's the stock backspacing on a 5 lug tacoma?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:14 AM   #31
Jesus follower

Officially for sale... http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/4419093067.html
Old 04-14-2014, 05:38 AM   #32
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wow that was quick, what happened?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #33
Jesus follower

I'm just over it...

TW price is $8k
Old 04-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #34
Jesus follower

SOLD