Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

MarkyMark's Build

Old 01-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #1
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
.MarkyMark.'s Tacoma Gallery
MarkyMark's Build

This is the first truck I've owned. My first build ever... 2007 Regular Cab; Base Model; 5lug; Manual.

How I bought it:

How it sits currently:

Old 01-13-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Then came the Volant Cold Air Intake.

I had to switch the headrests to face backwards so I didn't always feel like I was leaning forward.
Old 01-13-2014, 02:32 AM   #3
resident Apple Pie Monster
Justus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shedJustus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brock
Justus's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-13-2014, 02:40 AM   #4
Jesus follower

Then came the 5% tint on the rear window, and 15% on the front two windows.

The ReadyLift kit: 2.75" strut spacer lift in the front and the 1.75" add a leaf in the rear.

The Rancho RS5000 shocks for the rear.

MarkyMark's Build-tacoma-lifted-side-view.jpg

MarkyMark's Build-shock-length.jpg

MarkyMark's Build-rear-rancho-full-view.jpg
Old 01-13-2014, 02:44 AM   #5
Jesus follower

Then I got it aligned and threw some 31x10.5 Grabber AT2's on my stock wheels. There is slight rub at full lock, but I'm waiting for some spacers to arrive from UPS. I'll post more pics as I add goodies
MarkyMark's Build-good-side-view.jpg
Old 01-13-2014, 07:20 AM   #6
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
How do you like the Rancho shocks? Are they a perfect bolt on fit?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #7
Jesus follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16TACO View Post
How do you like the Rancho shocks? Are they a perfect bolt on fit?
They are a heck of a lot better than stock, that's for sure. Without the upgrade the stock shock was fully extending and the ride was bouncy because of the aal. Now the ride is stiff over small bumps in the road but soft over large dips. They bolt right up to the stock mounting positions without any problems. I recommend bolting in the top mount first and pulling the shock down into the bracket, it was easier that way.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:41 AM   #8
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm that truck looks mighty familiar. Just got my Fatbob's lift in, got some new Cragar steel wheels coming, then bumping up to 31's as well.

Old 01-13-2014, 02:27 PM   #9
Jesus follower

Nice!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #10
F16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedF16TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Crew Chief
Name: LUKE
F16TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by .MarkyMark. View Post
They are a heck of a lot better than stock, that's for sure. Without the upgrade the stock shock was fully extending and the ride was bouncy because of the aal. Now the ride is stiff over small bumps in the road but soft over large dips. They bolt right up to the stock mounting positions without any problems. I recommend bolting in the top mount first and pulling the shock down into the bracket, it was easier that way.

Sweet. Truck looks good dude.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:35 PM   #11
Jesus follower

Thanks! I gotta get rid of that bench seat. It's starting to really bother me.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:44 PM   #12
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I feel it. Good vibrations
Old 01-14-2014, 04:28 AM   #13
Don't give up here just yet
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks good. Ditch the bench.

And Gelo, you rock da' bench?

These FJ buckets are where it's at fellas. They bolted right in.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:25 AM   #14
Pushin' Thru Another Day
MikeTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
MikeTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post

Awesome now only if I can get my hands on a wrecked fj cruiser
Old 01-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
Jesus follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker View Post

Thanks!
The fj seats bolt right in?!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #16
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks!
The fj seats bolt right in?!
Indeed. Check out my build for how they look in a Taco.

If you're going from bench to buckets, be warned as in the inner rear bolt hole is hidden underneath the carpet and covered by a piece of black plastic.

Guys, call up your local LKQ office and see if they can get you a pair.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #17
Jesus follower

MarkyMark's Build-before-1.25-22-spacer.jpg

MarkyMark's Build-after-1.25-22-spacer.jpg
1.25"

Got my spacers from Dustleet today... No more rub at full lock.

Thanks again man!
Old 01-16-2014, 03:12 PM   #18
Jesus follower

Ordered my FJ seats today!! ...and took better pics of the spacer application and washed it...

Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
FlightMedic178 is on a distinguished road
EMS: Flight Paramedic
Name: Nate
FlightMedic178's Tacoma Gallery
This looks awesome!
Old 01-16-2014, 06:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Ordered my FJ seats today!! ...and took better pics of the spacer application and washed it...
Where did you find a pair and what did they run you $$ wise if you don't mind telling?