Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

6'' lift NO LONG TRAVEL

Old 01-16-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
Canadian Taco 705 is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
Canadian Taco 705's Tacoma Gallery
Cool 6'' lift NO LONG TRAVEL

Hey guys so ive done quite a bit of research and i cannot for the life of me find a lift that will give me the height that i am looking for without going for a total long travel kit. I live in canada- not close to the dunes or do heavy (really any) off roading.

I am looking for about 6'' of lift- why. Because i f' can. If i cant than so be it. but 2.75'' just isnt quite enough. I was wondering if the right spring and coil combo might do it or if i could "simply" install a set of prerunner spindles. a good friend of mines sister is a mechanic and i go to a college that has a specialty in automotive mechanical design so im tempted to go find the brightest student and see what they might be able to design for a final project.

any help would be nice

Thanks
Old 01-16-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think they make 6 inch lifts for 5 lugs, maybe you can add a body lift to what ever the biggest lift you can get for a 5 lug. If you really wanna have it that high.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:10 PM   #3
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I feel you completely. i wanna run 32's on a 2wd (f'k em all) lol and my setup right now is 3" spindles. I would do that, and then get some eibach springs from toytec for an additional 3". Thats going on my truck next, waiting to be installed. for the back just get a leaf pack and some shackles if the leaf's don't pick it up high enough.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #4
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
PcBuilder14's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get the Eibach springs form Toytec for your 5-lug they won't fit.

Card1, please don't post something like that recommending something that you've been told countless times won't fit your 5-lug on the thread you posted.

Canadian Taco 705, your best bet for achieving almost 6" of lift would be to get a lift like this and add a 3" body lift as well.

http://www.readylift.com/products/to...t-69-5510.html

I don't recommend you doing that though as that suspension lift won't provide a better ride and a 3" body lift can be hazardous in wrecks.

Sadly there just isn't much of a market for 5-lug lifts unless you go long travel. What I recommend is just go with the other spectrum and turn it into a nice lowered Tacoma.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #5
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
Don't get the Eibach springs form Toytec for your 5-lug they won't fit.

Card1, please don't post something like that recommending something that you've been told countless times won't fit your 5-lug on the thread you posted.

Canadian Taco 705, your best bet for achieving almost 6" of lift would be to get a lift like this and add a 3" body lift as well.

http://www.readylift.com/products/to...t-69-5510.html

I don't recommend you doing that though as that suspension lift won't provide a better ride and a 3" body lift can be hazardous in wrecks.

Sadly there just isn't much of a market for 5-lug lifts unless you go long travel. What I recommend is just go with the other spectrum and turn it into a nice lowered Tacoma.
If it won't fit, it'll say specifically that it won't a 5 lug. I've seen countless lifts that include all but 5 lug editions. toytec doesn't single them out with the springs.

http://toyteclifts.3dcartstores.com/...ings_p_14.html

and i suggested it to like 4 threads lol my b
Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #6

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
And spacers are the worst thing you can do to your truck. search it up
Old 01-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #7
tacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomataco2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomataco2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
If it won't fit, it'll say specifically that it won't a 5 lug. I've seen countless lifts that include all but 5 lug editions. toytec doesn't single them out with the springs.

Try it or at very least call them before you go saying it works..
edit: had to look up how to screen shot but….
Attached Thumbnails
6'' lift NO LONG TRAVEL-5lug.jpg  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:13 PM   #8
PcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPcBuilder14 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

It states on toytec's website that none of their 95-04 Tacoma parts fit a 5-lug.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #9

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcBuilder14 View Post
It states on toytec's website that none of their 95-04 Tacoma parts fit a 5-lug.
Well shit, trial and error.

Tomorrow gonna compare cause the suns already down.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #10

Quote:
And spacers are the worst thing you can do to your truck. search it up
I would say what you're trying to do is worse haha
Old 01-19-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
The Sailing Memebr
anders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanders99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
anders99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
Try it or at very least call them before you go saying it works..
edit: had to look up how to screen shot but….
heres another way to screen shot if you want. hold shift + command then 4 and it will give you a crosshair to click and drag a rectangle around what you want it to.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:41 AM   #12
Jesus follower
.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold.MarkyMark. is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mark
.MarkyMark.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomataco2 View Post
had to look up how to screen shot but….
The easiest way for me is to have the "Preview" program open, go to the "File" tab and go down to where it says "Take Screen Shot". I usually choose "From Window...", mouse over to the window you want, click, then the new screen shot opens right up for the renaming and saving.

...love my Macbook.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #13
NakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of lightNakedTacoma is a glorious beacon of light
NakedTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
oh god .... u want 6 inch of lift get a 6lug or get LT and a spindle .. engine will def raise u 6 inch from stock
Old 02-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #14

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Any luck? fabtech use to make a system that's coils and UCA's, 3" of lift. add those with some 3" lift spindles. for the rear, i'd just say get new leafs if you want 6" in the back.