Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Spindle Lift or UCA/Coils lift opinions

Old 02-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #1
plupo5591 is on a distinguished road

Name: Paul
plupo5591's Tacoma Gallery
Spindle Lift or UCA/Coils lift opinions

Hey guys Ive got an 02 tacoma 5 lug Im trying to decide between the two lifts, basically the will run me the same amount of money. I would like to do the spindles but am unsure on the install and can't seem to find any write ups with pics on how to install first gen spindles on 5 lugs.
The lift springs and ucas are pretty straight forward its just gunna be a pain to get the springs in place. Does anyone have any suggestions.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #2
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1371 Combat Engineer, leave in july (currently highschool senior)
Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Spindles are a fun project. Literally bolt on.
Old 02-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #3

I bought used fabtech spindles and they didnt come with hardware. What should I do about the steering arm inserts, should I just used the factory ones?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:15 AM   #4
Card1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCard1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I went with factory, mine looked good so why not
Old 02-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #5

Thanks man I appreciate the help I just didn't want to take apart the suspension and be screwed half way into the install ya know.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #6

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Post pics!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:28 PM   #7
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
good choice on spindles
Old 02-26-2014, 05:43 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card1 View Post
Post pics!
Im going to put them in this weekend then ill take a few and put em on here
Old 02-28-2014, 01:05 PM   #9
the little red truck that could
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Name: Alex
outdoorAZ's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you find a lift uca for the 5 lug? Id love to get a little more height on mine and ive already got a lift spindle.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #10

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
Where did you find a lift uca for the 5 lug? Id love to get a little more height on mine and ive already got a lift spindle.
http://www.cumminsperformanceparts.c...s4130-4-4.html
Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I would not buy that fabtech lift if I were you. Just save your money and keep your spindle lift
Old 04-27-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
toytaco2wd is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
toytaco2wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by outdoorAZ View Post
I have a fabtech and uca set for sale desided to go with bags so I have no use for them.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:28 AM   #13

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
I would not buy that fabtech lift if I were you. Just save your money and keep your spindle lift

Yeah i wanted them for a little bit but then realized how much it'd be for regearing.. also heard their shocks and coils are a rough ride, i'm staying with 30's, i like my wheel clearance anyways lol
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 PM   #14
outdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud ofoutdoorAZ has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by toytaco2wd View Post
I have a fabtech and uca set for sale desided to go with bags so I have no use for them.
How much you looking to get for the uca's?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
The uca's just not work well or what makes then not worthwhile?
Old 06-06-2014, 10:21 PM   #16

rough ride and not offroad worthy
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 AM   #17

Card1's Tacoma Gallery
I have v6 coils on my truck, would it be worth it to get the UCA's? would they supply more lift or change my ride at all?