Notices

33 inch tires with fat bobs 2.75 lift

Old 04-04-2014, 04:31 PM   #1
ToddToddSherman
ToddToddSherman is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
ToddToddSherman's Tacoma Gallery
33 inch tires with fat bobs 2.75 lift

I've looked everywhere and I haven't found an answer. Has anybody put 33 inch tires on a 5 lug with a fat bobs 2.75 lift. The only thing I've seen people using is 31, which is what fat bobs recommends. I'm just curious if you could run a 33. And I am aware that it'll rub
Thanks
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 PM   #4
U know fish can hear u thinking just b4 u sneeze
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lance
Skinny Rogers's Tacoma Gallery
I test fitted 285s when selecting tires and they will clear. Black box removed and if stock bumper it will have to b trimmed as well.
Old 04-06-2014, 01:49 AM   #6
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
I test fitted 285s when selecting tires and they will clear. Black box removed and if stock bumper it will have to b trimmed as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasyota View Post
Just curious, I thought because of the way the fenders are, 31's can fully articulate through them regardless if you are a 4x4 or not. Correct me if I'm wrong...
not sure what you mean by this. 4x or not, the 6 lug suspension is the same, and of course a 31 will be fine as its stock

both of you guys have 6 lug suspension. totally different
Old 04-06-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
Skinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shedSkinny Rogers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No sir I'm a 5 lugger
Old 04-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddToddSherman View Post
I've looked everywhere and I haven't found an answer. Has anybody put 33 inch tires on a 5 lug with a fat bobs 2.75 lift. The only thing I've seen people using is 31, which is what fat bobs recommends. I'm just curious if you could run a 33. And I am aware that it'll rub
Thanks
There was a 5 lug on here with 32's that had to do a lot of trimming. I'm sure you could 33's under there if you really wanted to, but the one thing I do know if that you would need to regear immediately. I've got 31's and thought I'd be fine with stock gears, and I was wrong. It was totally killing my mpg and 5th gear was completely irrelevant. 33's would be a joke with stock gearing.
Old 04-06-2014, 05:59 PM   #9

Neslerrah is running 33 with a readylift which is the same as fat bobs. Prerunner style front bumper and he was ok. Also on stock gears. I'm sure he lost 5th gear as well. I'm on 265s and stock gears and don't really see a need for the regear. But I'm an automatic.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #10
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Rogers View Post
Neslerrah is running 33 with a readylift which is the same as fat bobs. Prerunner style front bumper and he was ok. Also on stock gears. I'm sure he lost 5th gear as well. I'm on 265s and stock gears and don't really see a need for the regear. But I'm an automatic.
Maybe it's just because I've got the stick shift, but it was really getting to me. Really had to wear out first gear to get anywhere around the hills around my apartment. Plus I think the stock gears for stick are 3.38 and auto is a little better like 3.58 or something like that?
Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #11
ToddToddSherman
ToddToddSherman is on a distinguished road
Name: Todd
ToddToddSherman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not really dead set on running 33s I just wanted to get a little more lift. I plan on making a prerunner front bumper anyway so I'll probably end up with a 32. I'm also planning on getting a cold air intake and aftermarket headers. Do you still think I would need to regear?
Old 04-07-2014, 02:10 PM   #12

I ended up running p rated 265s on an alloy wheel to save weight. I had plans to regear with ecgs and really didn't see the need to. It still does what I need it to do. If I went to a larger lt tire I would regear most likely. But it all depends on how the truck handled the tires. But for what I do what I have is just fine.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #13

jtye's Tacoma Gallery
I would get the tires first and see what you think. I got a good deal on a complete 4.10 3rd from another TW guy so i pulled the trigger. Bolted it up with a friend in about 3 hrs, but it's not like the truck wont work with the stock gears.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #14
My truck is slow
alwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shedalwaysat8k is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
alwaysat8k's Tacoma Gallery
I will tell you right now,33's will work, and they have been done. Im running 32's and have enough gap for 33's. I have no rubbing whatsoever with room for more. Matter of fact, I will be running 33's next tire set. You will have to do some chopping on the plastic fender well covers and black box mod, that is all.

Gears:

For the life of god, manual stock gears are terrible with 32's. I was shifting from 4th to 5th about a thousand times freeway driving. Under 60, there is no 5th gear. I had a rear end built by east coast gear supply with 4.30s.. perfect combo in my opinion. I have some geddy up now (as much as there can be with the camel speed 2.7l) and my gas mileage has leveled. I run on avg, 18mpg city, 21mpg freeway.

BTW: Heres my thread where I documented much of my heartbreaks and ups and downs. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-l...zing-5lug.html

I hope that it may help you. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me. Either way man, lift it and get rid of the grandma styling of the 5lugger! I couldn't be happier with my taco now!
Old 04-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #15
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
I was running 265/75s with no rubbing. I was running totalchaos/icon with no extra preload. its all in the alignment.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:18 AM   #16
gitsum will become famous soon enough
Name: Gitsum
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
Im running 31's on a fat bob lift and 4.56's. im planning on moving up to 33's when these wear out and was going to do a 2" body to make sure I have good clearance. I think it will be sufficient
Old 04-19-2014, 08:35 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitsum View Post
Im running 31's on a fat bob lift and 4.56's. im planning on moving up to 33's when these wear out and was going to do a 2" body to make sure I have good clearance. I think it will be sufficient

What width were u thinking?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:10 AM   #18
gitsum will become famous soon enough
Name: Gitsum
gitsum's Tacoma Gallery
The same 7" rim with 10.50" tires. The same as now other than height.