1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pro Comp 2.75" suspension lift for 5 lug Tacoma

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by aaronv05, May 15, 2014.

1. May 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM
    aaronv05

aaronv05 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4CYL 2WD
    Hey guys I have been doing some research and I was trying to decide on a lift for my 2007 5-lug 2wd Tacoma. I looked at the Readylift 2.75" and Fat Bob's lift, but they both say 31" tire is the max size. I am running cooper discoverer at3 265/75/16 which are 31..65" and 10.5" wide. I looked at the Pro Comp 2.75" and it says the max tire size is 35" which I didn't understand bc it's pretty much the exact same thing as the readylift and fatbob's. Just wanted to know if you think I could run those to and which would be the best out of the three.

2. May 15, 2014 at 7:31 PM
    aaronv05

aaronv05 [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4CYL 2WD
    Also for the Pro Comp under the product description it says other parts required for a complete kit, but doesn't say what parts?

3. May 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM
    econdor031

econdor031 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 2.7L Double Cab 165k miles
    i like the options that fat bob offers for the 5 lugger. I just bought one and I think im going with bobs and not the ready lift. I like that fat bobs comes with shocks and is quite cheaper

4. Jul 22, 2014 at 7:44 PM
    SoCal326

SoCal326 Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner Trail
    I was just looking at Fat Bobs Garage trying to put together a lift kit for my 5 lug 2000 Toyota Tacoma dlx std cab with the 2.4 l engine.

I was going to grab the Fabtech 3" lift spindles, the 2" shackle and front and rear shocks. I couldn't find the kit that included the shocks as previously mentioned and don't know which ones to buy.

Fat Bobs parts for my truck:
    http://4x4.fatbobsgarage.com/tacoma-5-lug-c13358all.aspx

Fat Bobs says that I don't need to replace the font so I guess any shock with factory dimensions should work for the front but what about the rear?

How do I know what will fit? Do I replace the rear with a factory dimensioned shock or do I need shocks with a longer piston because the shock will need to reach farther? If so how do I know which ones will fit?

And one more thing. If I'm buying a 3" lift for the front why wouldn't I also want a 3" lift for the rear? Fat Bob says you can do 3" in the front and 2" in the rear but wouldn't that make for a truck that isn't level? I guess I don't fully understand this leveling business everyone talks about. Are stock Tacomas not level--Taller in the back then the front? Maybe because when you load up the truck you don't want it to sag so it needs to start a bit higher?

Edit:
    I asked Fat Bob himself about the shocks and was told that stock shocks will work in the front but I will need longer ones for the rear. Bob didn't offer any suggestions (via email) so I will be going with the shocks recommended by Fabtech (FTS7078-Front, FTS7163-Rear)in the complete lift kit they sell (Part number K7014). I wish I had a better understanding of how shocks are sized. If I wanted to replace them in the future how would I decide which ones to get?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  5. Jul 25, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    RwHu

RwHu Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    12 Access Cab 5 Lug
    Personally I bought the ReadyLift for my 5 Lug Access Cab and installed it myself the other day in my garage. Its really not that bad at all, I coulda shoulda woulda got the fat bobs with the shocks but I guess we live and learn through stuff.

Products Discussed in

To Top