Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Best vacation spot in the carolinas!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
endlesstacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Yia
endlesstacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Best vacation spot in the carolinas!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in fort mill sc and was wondering where are your best summer vacations spots. I don't have a preference so fire away, I only ask that I'm able to get there with my 5 lugger with no problem!!!!!! Thanks in advance......

Endless Tacoma
Old 06-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #2
The Snake Of Jakes
SuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant futureSuperJakeTheSnake has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
SuperJakeTheSnake's Tacoma Gallery
Myrtle Beach seems to be popular.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Always been a fan of the Outter Banks myself. If you drive a little ways down, you can get nice beaches and uncrowded.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #4
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
My backyard.... close to Race City, USA!
Old 06-26-2014, 02:24 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
My backyard.... close to Race City, USA!
I hear you, although I live in fort mill Charlotte is just mins away I kinda want to get away from the city you know but keep them coming.......

Endless Tacoma
Old 06-27-2014, 04:45 AM   #7
Tommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shedTommiet is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tom
Tommiet's Tacoma Gallery
Charleston, SC!

lots to see and if you get too hot, plenty of places to get an adult beverage.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:50 AM   #8
Resident Jackass
SoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoutheastTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: steven
SoutheastTaco's Tacoma Gallery
We enjoy edisto island a couple times a year..
Old 06-27-2014, 05:00 AM   #9
coffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoffeesnob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

coffeesnob's Tacoma Gallery
outer banks, kill devil hills. Duck Pedro's ( just kidding) Don't see how that place stays in operation there is never very many cars there.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:02 AM   #10
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Outer Banks NC! It's my favorite. I usually stay on the northern beaches (Corolla and Duck)
Old 06-27-2014, 05:14 AM   #11
Burghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurghlar is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Burghlar's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WThomas1250 View Post
Outer Banks NC! (Corolla and Duck)
Those two, or Carova if you want to have some fun with the Tacoma in the sand. I've heard Hatteras and Ocracoke are nice, but I've never been.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #12
I notice everyone is talking about beaches but not mountains.......

Endless Tacoma
Old 06-28-2014, 09:40 AM   #13
Liftman is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
Liftman's Tacoma Gallery
Brown Mountain Has off road trails. Its between Morganton and Linville on 181.Camping near or drive up the Globe Rd to Blowing Rock and do whatever you want from Fine Dining to The Blue Ridge Parkway Lots of fun easy hikes off BRP South from Blowing Rock.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #14
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Kiawah Island is beautiful!
Old 06-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #15
Molon Labe
WThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the roughWThomas1250 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Will
WThomas1250's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghlar View Post
Those two, or Carova if you want to have some fun with the Tacoma in the sand. I've heard Hatteras and Ocracoke are nice, but I've never been.

Im taking mine on the beach this year. Can't wait
Old 07-01-2014, 09:05 AM   #16
ivel is on a distinguished road

ivel's Tacoma Gallery
Myrtle Beach is way to touristy for me, it was cool when I was a kid in the late 60's, wasn't as crowded, but I don't really care for it now. To many people, you have to go eat around 4:30-4:45 PM, to not stand in line for two hours. If you've never been and don't mind the crowds, you might love it.

The Isle of Palms is our favorite get away now. My wife and I are blessed to have some great friends that have a place in Wild Dunes that they let us use, couldn't afford it other wise. We like to go in the off season, way less people.

I really want to check out the Outer Banks. I need to study up on where and when to go. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:18 AM   #17
06TacomaTRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Brett
06TacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
x1000

I went for a week a couple months ago and loved it.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 AM   #18
i love the charleston area but only been to folly beach there, palm isle or kiawah look like my next beach trip, thanks guys. brown mountain sound fun too. anyone been to carolina hemlock?????? oh btw if you have pics of your vacation with your truck please post them up.

Endless tacoma
Old 07-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #19
User Friendly
scottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottalot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottalot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJakeTheSnake View Post
Myrtle Beach seems to be popular.
Trashy nasty sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Always been a fan of the Outter Banks myself. If you drive a little ways down, you can get nice beaches and uncrowded.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommiet View Post
Charleston, SC!

lots to see and if you get too hot, plenty of places to get an adult beverage.
If you haven't been then awesome. Lots of History, ladies, bars, ect, close to many beaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
Much fun but the beach sucks. Kinda place you go for quiet and a privacy. Not much to do unless you know people out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeesnob View Post
outer banks, kill devil hills. Duck Pedro's ( just kidding) Don't see how that place stays in operation there is never very many cars there.
OB

Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
For Yuppies. We use their beach some but other than that, meh.. $$$$$ Prices and they tell you what to do there.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:12 AM   #20
Pavement Princess
Warputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shedWarputer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet - 1st Inf. Div.
Name: Chris
Warputer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoutheastTaco View Post
Same here.....except this summer we did the Orlando, theme park thing. We love the laid back quietness on Edisto. Very little commercialization compared to a place like Myrtle Beach.

This was some back road exploring on Edisto 2 years ago....