Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

Help with lift? Anyone?

Old 10-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Ali3n898 is on a distinguished road
Name: Alex
Ali3n898's Tacoma Gallery
Help with lift? Anyone?

Sup guys, need some help here on my upcoming build and before everyone boasts me about searching the forums yes I have done that but I keep getting inconsistent information regarding parts so I want everything cleared here. VEHICLE- 2002 TACOMA 2WD 5 LUG

1st thing first- I'm not looking for any serious off-road performance just enough lift to give it some looks and to put a nice set of tires on for occasional trail riding.

2nd- I'm going to be using fabtech spindles for the front and a AAL in the rear. I'll be swapping out shocks all around for bilstein.

3rd...question time!- I keep reading and get inconsistent info as to whether or not I need adjustable shocks for front or rear. I called <a href="http://www.tacomaworld.com/out.php?url64=aHR0cDovL3d3dy40d2hlZWxwYXJ0cy5jb20v &extra=tapatalk">4wheelparts and they said doing a spindle lift with an AAL I DO NOT need adjustable shocks, yet here on the forums and on yotatech and customtaco I have read that you DO need them. ANYONE ABLE TO CLARIFY THIS FOR ME?

4th- As for the shocks 4wheelparts and another local off-road store near me said 5100 shocks were never released for my 5 lug and that they only made 4600 series which are NON ADJUSTABLE. So do they or do they not make these suckas? If they do can anyone link em? or give me a part #

5th- So going towards the negative if they don't make adjustable bilsteins for my baby how the eff am I suppose to lift it ??? Anyone who has lifted a 5 lug with info or insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

6th- I keep hearing doing this type of lift (spindle with AAL) I put a severe amount of strain on lower control arm bushing? Talked to a mechanic and he called BS, he might be wrong, what are the dangers (if any) in doing this lift and what stock components should I swap to make this a good everyday reliable driver

So far i have

Fabtech spindle- 310$

bilstein shocks 4600 series all around (I get special pricing from a friend)- 220$

AAL rear pair- 45$

If anyone has any better suggestions in regards to a lift for my baby I'm all ears! Trying to stay under 1200$ for lift kit so keep that in mind.