1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas with rebuilding X runner?

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by 2ndchancetoyotas, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Oct 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM
    2ndchancetoyotas

2ndchancetoyotas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Rebuilt
    I have an X runner I bought as a salvage last year and need to get back to rebuilding it to recoupe some money. It's not that badly damaged really. The obvious choice would be to bring it back to stock. But honestly, I think the body kit on the X runner is dated.....very dated. I keep thinking Fast and Furious....the first one....I know there are some holes that will need to be filled, but not as many as the prerunner/4x4 model. The truck will be getting repainted anyhow, so was considering a 'custom' color that isn't crazy, but just enough to make it a little different. Might even consider buying dropped spindles/blocks to bring it down a little.

**as I'm writing..what about satin black with red wheels?**

p.s. I know there's XR underground and an xrunner section, but it doesn't get as much viewing.

Your constructive criticism is welcome.

2. Oct 25, 2014 at 5:59 AM
    SabMotocross

SabMotocross Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Santa Fe, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma PreRunner SR5 DCSB V6 TRD S/C
    TRD BAJA Suspension...Rims and tires, blackout badging, TRD oil filler cap, front skid plate, N-Fab step bars, GrillCraft custom upper and lower grills. K&N air filter, TRD Supercharger.
    Sounds like a goal! Bronze and bronze wheels are gaining popularity too. I'd leave it stock height, go for beefing-up the suspension....focus on performance, like a TRD supercharger.

3. Oct 25, 2014 at 6:06 AM
    2ndchancetoyotas

2ndchancetoyotas [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Rebuilt
    Eh...the supercharger I think would be nice but price wise not gonna happen. Selling it salvage title will be enough work. I doubt I would recoupe the money for a supercharger. I like the bronze/bronze idea. Or bronze with black wheels w/polished lip.

Products Discussed in

To Top