Delta00's 2002 Tacoma 4WD

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

2015 5 lug taco......muffler

Old 02-17-2015, 04:36 AM   #1
kiki is on a distinguished road
kiki's Tacoma Gallery
Question 2015 5 lug taco......muffler

what muffler would u guys reccomend? was thinking of magnaflow 50!
quieter but more aggressive than stock! dont want to sound like tin can!
but want a lil more agrressive sound! what been ur experience!
Old 02-17-2015, 04:48 AM   #2
University of Florida bound
Taco gator is on a distinguished road

Name: J.D.
Taco gator's Tacoma Gallery
I heard the Aeroturbine sounds really nice on the 2.7
Forget which model though.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #3
Clearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Billy
Clearwater Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
what muffler would u guys reccomend? was thinking of magnaflow 50!
quieter but more aggressive than stock! dont want to sound like tin can!
but want a lil more agrressive sound! what been ur experience!
Not sure I understand how that combination works............

Since this is your second post on the same topic, wondering if you just have $ burning a hole in your pocket and dying to mod something for some reason. Peer pressure maybe?

Listen (pun intended), sound is a personal preference. Put on 10 different units and you'll find 10 different people who rave. But it's your ears that matter.

But really, any change you make will likely accent that you have a wheezy 4 banger (no offense, it's what I have and I love it). If that's what you're trying to overcome, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:57 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearwater Bill View Post
Not sure I understand how that combination works............

Since this is your second post on the same topic, wondering if you just have $ burning a hole in your pocket and dying to mod something for some reason. Peer pressure maybe?

Listen (pun intended), sound is a personal preference. Put on 10 different units and you'll find 10 different people who rave. But it's your ears that matter.

But really, any change you make will likely accent that you have a wheezy 4 banger. If that's what you're trying to overcome, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Amen. Stick to stock and maybe consider doing something with the intake instead.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:24 AM   #5
kiki is on a distinguished road
kiki's Tacoma Gallery
maybe because I haven't gotten any answers I wanted! I wanted to hear from people who have done it to see if they were happy with it or not!! not criticism on what I'm doing with my money!!!! but thank you
Old 02-18-2015, 04:48 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
It's not criticism... your question was 'what muffler do you guys recommend?' and so far, the answer is 'stock'.
Old 02-18-2015, 05:53 AM   #7
Clearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedClearwater Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Billy
Clearwater Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki View Post
maybe because I haven't gotten any answers I wanted! I wanted to hear from people who have done it to see if they were happy with it or not!! not criticism on what I'm doing with my money!!!! but thank you
You don't listen well............

Exhaust sweetness is all in the ear of the beholder. Internet responses are fine, but you have no clue that what sounds good to the poster will sound good to you. Not everyone likes all types of music or instruments, right? Same logic applies here.

To me, there is nothing that will make our particular little 4 bangers sound robust, manly or sweet. It's not like they are high revving lopey cammed sports car motors. They are appliances.

The only way you'll find what you like is to hear someones install 'live'. Not a sound clip, not a 'he said'. But live. Which means you'll need to either experiment yourself with different units, or find folks in your area that are running different brands.

One last thing on exhaust in general, and I'll go away. Don't base your final choice only on idle, parking lot revving or hard acceleration. Also spend some time at hwy cruising speed. MANY systems/parts create an unbearable drone at certain RPMs. I can't tell you how many newish systems hit the scrap pile or CL in the sports car world because the actual drivability of the vehicle is ruined in terms of occupant comfort.