Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug

Old 04-10-2008, 10:25 PM   #21
tacomanub08 is on a distinguished road

tacomanub08's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacomanub08
Hey gm3, I don't know if you read about it on CT forums but there's a guy here in SD that has a lift for the 5-lugs... I talked to him and he said he was the only one currently that had them and has been shipping them around the US... he charges 450 total w installation.. think this is a good price or should I wait for the ReadyLift and get it installed somewhere else? Also, (noob ? incoming) will the ReadyLift lift both the front and back or just the front?
Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #22
david04 is on a distinguished road
david04's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanub08 View Post
Hey gm3, I don't know if you read about it on CT forums but there's a guy here in SD that has a lift for the 5-lugs... I talked to him and he said he was the only one currently that had them and has been shipping them around the US... he charges 450 total w installation.. think this is a good price or should I wait for the ReadyLift and get it installed somewhere else? Also, (noob ? incoming) will the ReadyLift lift both the front and back or just the front?
ITS $450 now? I've been meaning to call him, but I don't want to drive all the way south to do it. I'm assuming you mean Eric Conner...

Did he tell you what exactly he's doing? What do you mean shipping around the US? He has his own product?

The ReadyLift lifts the front 2.75" and the back 1.75"
Old 04-10-2008, 10:28 PM   #23
alextreme76 is on a distinguished road

alextreme76's Tacoma Gallery
what did the cali dude do? no one will say anything on how he is lifting 5 luggers.

i thinking readylift is reputable company and ill spend the $329 on it.
this kit has an add a lift but its spring under axle, so what it does it add strength and arc to the spring, go out with a tape measure, the front tire to fender higher is like 2inch diff from front to rear... you can definately fit 32's-33's with little rubbing under articulation in the rear.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by david04 View Post
ITS $450 now? I've been meaning to call him, but I don't want to drive all the way south to do it. I'm assuming you mean Eric Conner...

Did he tell you what exactly he's doing? What do you mean shipping around the US? He has his own product?

The ReadyLift lifts the front 2.75" and the back 1.75"
Yes, Eric Conner.. just talked to him today, really nice guy. He didn't tell me exactly what he does (I probably wouldn't have understood anyways) but he said it lifted the truck 3". Umm, I'm assuming (don't quote me) it's his own product if he's shipping it around.. I suggest you give him a call. I'm sure he'd be able to answer your questions much better than I can, sorry.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:45 PM   #25

Check this out guys, this is the after pic of the lift Eric Conner did. Looks awesome.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:59 AM   #26

Thanks for the sound advice bud, I think that's what I'll end up doing .
Old 04-11-2008, 06:20 PM   #27

silver truck is 31x10.50 w/ TC cranked to like 3 inchs lift in the front

white truck is 31x10.50 stock suspension i think he said it rubbed (duh)

BFG 31's measure to 30.7 true and 32's measure to 31.7 true.
Attached Thumbnails
ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-tc-2.5-lift-tires-dunno.jpg   ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-31-no-lift-1-.jpg  
Old 05-15-2008, 09:15 PM   #28

we are ordering this kit this summer, you can definately fit 33's on here, it just depends on how much you want to rub and or trim....i thinking BFG T/A with their 33x10.50 which measures a true 32.7 inchs might ride real nice after a little work with a sawz all...the 33x9.50 might be a safer bet and wont rub in turns but will probably touch under full flex
Old 05-22-2008, 05:29 PM   #29
dirtroader is on a distinguished road
dirtroader's Tacoma Gallery
mpg loss with lift

how many mpg did you lose with 31" tires and a mild lift (2-3")

thanks
Old 07-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #30
toyota07 is on a distinguished road
toyota07's Tacoma Gallery
y'all said mid may they are commin out with the lift..a dealer out of columbus georgia at action building truck styles said mine was commin in at the end of july for sure..because i kno the guy..he will def hook y'all up if u want it sooner
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #31
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Civil Air Patrol (US Air Force Auxiliary)
PhoenixCadet's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PhoenixCadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtroader View Post
how many mpg did you lose with 31" tires and a mild lift (2-3")

thanks
+1 for this question

I've been trying to find the answer everywhere.

Any help?
Old 07-03-2008, 09:49 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixCadet View Post
+1 for this question

I've been trying to find the answer everywhere.

Any help?
if your looking for mpg's and offroading, they dont go hand in hand...just like fastcars and mpgs.

turbo diesels are the only way to get great mpg's but now you got a dry bearing and a turbo offroad.

everyone wants a reliable, fuel effienct, and fast/offroad car or truck but you can only have two.

you'll probably loose 2-3mpg city from the added weight and friction of offroad tires
Old 07-11-2008, 12:44 PM   #33
PhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhoenixCadet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by alextreme76 View Post
if your looking for mpg's and offroading, they you'll probably loose 2-3mpg city from the added weight and friction of offroad tires
So then with this logic, I should just stick with the PreRunner V-6? Makes sense to me that if I'm going to lose some MPG on the I4 by putting bigger tires and a lift on it, just scrap that idea and get the V-6.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
depends on how big of a tire you want and how much you'll offroad. 31" tires and the 2-3" lift on the 5lugger will still get you 23-24 mpgs.
If that's what it'll take to get to Prerunner height, I'll have to look into that.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:11 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
If you know how to drive manual you can look into the i4 prerunner. They were very hard to find here in the bay area, and the few I did find were all in white, but I regret not waiting till I found one I liked. Would have cost me the same as my i4 auto, but would be at prerunner height and have a better suspension, especially for offroading. good luck.
I would love to get an I4 Prerunner, but (while I am learning to drive a manual) I'd really prefer to get an automatic.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:26 PM   #36
livesinthesea is on a distinguished road
livesinthesea's Tacoma Gallery
gm3bow, did you notice a difference in mpg from before and after you did the lift?

I'm new to this, and looking to buy a 2.7l auto access cab, which I figure I'm going to want to lift just a little for loading up on camping trips and going on forest/fire/gravel roads but no serious off roading. Would you do the same type of lift/suspension again?

thanks

Luke
Old 10-29-2010, 01:01 PM   #37
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomanub08 View Post
Nice! Be sure to post lots of before & after pics
agreed!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:48 PM   #38
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
readylift

i like it
Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 PM   #39
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy

I put the readylift lift on my 09 reg cab taco w/ 16x8" kmc enduro rims with 31" BFG Long Trails . I get some rubbing on the fender, but I dont know if i will screw something up if I trim.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 PM   #40
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM GAINOUS View Post
i like it
looks good. i plan to do mine like that after i do all this christmas shopping.

what size tires are you running