Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 5 Lug

Notices

ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug

Old 12-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #41
scott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the roughscott572011 is a jewel in the rough

Name: SCOTT
scott572011's Tacoma Gallery
Cool ready-lift 69-5510 mild lift/leveling kit.

had this lift installed in my 2010 5-lugger access cab less than a month ago. along with bfg 245/75/16zz. and bilstein ft/hd-struts and rear/shocks + realignment . it`s 100 times better than the stock peanut wheels & ride.
Attached Thumbnails
ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-new-2010-taco-theme..jpg   ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-garage-shot-dr-side-rear-front.jpg   ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-lifted-2010-access-cab-.jpg   ReadyLift 2.75" Lift for Tacoma 5Lug-mo-taco..jpg  
Old 12-04-2010, 05:24 AM   #42
TIM GAINOUS is on a distinguished road

TIM GAINOUS's Tacoma Gallery
2.75 readylift

im running 30x9.50 yokahama a/t's
Old 12-04-2010, 06:10 AM   #43
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott572011 View Post
had this lift installed in my 2010 5-lugger access cab less than a month ago. along with bfg 245/75/16zz. and bilstein ft/hd-struts and rear/shocks + realignment . it`s 100 times better than the stock peanut wheels & ride.
Nice wheels!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:18 AM   #44

THANKS! cool thing is i bought em for $50 apeice. un cool thing is they were
discontinued so if i ever mess one up ill hafta swap the whole set.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 AM   #45
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Has anybody replaced their rear shocks? Ever since I installed my lift kit, I noticed my bed slams every time I go over bumps. Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 12-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #46
comiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shedcomiesutra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
comiesutra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBCdmv View Post
Has anybody replaced their rear shocks? Ever since I installed my lift kit, I noticed my bed slams every time I go over bumps. Any suggestions? Thanks
neslerrah did because of this issue. this is also why if you buy the fat bob's lift you get extended length shocks. neslerrah bought used trd billie's of another member here...
Old 12-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #47
aggiepack is on a distinguished road

Name: Nate
aggiepack's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed the readylift kit in my garage on my 5 lugger today. I put on rear shocks from Fat Bob's Garage. I'll post pictures later. Took it out for a drive and it really doesn't feel that stiff or tough or anything it's quite a nice ride
Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #48

2.75 readylift

its fine unless you hit a spped bump or somethng similar. the diff in height is great though imo.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:39 PM   #49

Oh without a doubt the height difference is amazing! That's true - I have yet to go over any rough bumps or such. Need to get it aligned tomorrow so I'll just wait. JW but did anyone replace the stock front shocks just because while they installed the lift kit? Just curious that's all
Old 12-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #50

not to my knowledge. theres no reason to unless youre gonna hammer on it. if so, id get a different truck. just my .02
Old 02-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #51
MotoPhotog is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
MotoPhotog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
I just installed the readylift kit in my garage on my 5 lugger today. I put on rear shocks from Fat Bob's Garage. I'll post pictures later. Took it out for a drive and it really doesn't feel that stiff or tough or anything it's quite a nice ride

Aggie, looking forward to a few level side shots of your truck!!

Sounds like you did your truck the RIGHT way, and spent what... 65 more bucks on the shocks? Excited to see it.

I am hoping it doesnt look lower in the back. Seems like the trucks I've seen lifted with the 2.75" kit, it looks like it is lower in the back. Which I dont want. I cant imagine how horrible that would look with two dirtbikes in the back.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoPhotog View Post
Aggie, looking forward to a few level side shots of your truck!!

Sounds like you did your truck the RIGHT way, and spent what... 65 more bucks on the shocks? Excited to see it.

I am hoping it doesnt look lower in the back. Seems like the trucks I've seen lifted with the 2.75" kit, it looks like it is lower in the back. Which I dont want. I cant imagine how horrible that would look with two dirtbikes in the back.
It is definitely not lower in the back! With the kit I would say it is just about as even as you can get it. Here are two pictures of my truck. There are a few more on a thread i started on the 5 lug discussion. Note: I only have 235's right now but with 245's or 265's it will fill the back wheel well a lot more. I parked next to a 2nd gen access cab today and with the lift I'd say I was only about an inch or two shorter than it. If I had larger tires I would've been just as high. But that's another story. Hopefully I'll be getting a prerunner access cab in 2 years - Gotta save up for mods on that future baby

Old 02-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #53
MotoPhotog is on a distinguished road
Name: Darren
MotoPhotog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggiepack View Post
It is definitely not lower in the back! With the kit I would say it is just about as even as you can get it. Here are two pictures of my truck. There are a few more on a thread i started on the 5 lug discussion. Note: I only have 235's right now but with 245's or 265's it will fill the back wheel well a lot more. I parked next to a 2nd gen access cab today and with the lift I'd say I was only about an inch or two shorter than it. If I had larger tires I would've been just as high. But that's another story. Hopefully I'll be getting a prerunner access cab in 2 years - Gotta save up for mods on that future baby

Aggie looks great.

So, is this all that you purchased??

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/toyot...009-p7611.aspx

Was it a standard or longer leaf??
Old 02-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #54

them dirtbikes'll make it squat stock if its gonna. the shocks have nothing to do with that. the 2.75 lift comes with an additional spring. (add a leaf) mine sat ass-high at first. its level now.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:07 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoPhotog View Post
Aggie looks great.

So, is this all that you purchased??

http://store.fatbobsgarage.com/toyot...009-p7611.aspx

Was it a standard or longer leaf??
I got the standard one - hope you get this info in time!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #56
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
hey aggiepack any reason why you did the readylift kit and adding just the fat bobs rear shock?

also on a side note where did you get your fogs?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 AM   #58
Poot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shedPoot Klopp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ben
Poot Klopp's Tacoma Gallery
for people running spacers/aal and upgrading there shocks, do the bilsteins have more travel distance than OEM?
Old 02-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #59
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poot Klopp View Post
for people running spacers/aal and upgrading there shocks, do the bilsteins have more travel distance than OEM?
The front struts are okay to leave stock, however I decided to go ahead and swap them out when installing the lift. I replaced them with Bilstein HD shocks made for the 5-lug. I'm guessing they don't have any more travel than the stock struts and you shouldn't need extra travel in the front.

The rears are a different story. Readylift claims that you don't have to change the rear shocks but then folks complain about the rough ride. It's better to swap them out with longer shocks like the ones that come with the fat bob's spacer kit. Another option is to use rear shocks that are made for the 6-lug tacoma. They are longer and can accommodate the extra travel.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:07 AM   #60
mayday671 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ralph
mayday671's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by afd23a View Post
The front struts are okay to leave stock, however I decided to go ahead and swap them out when installing the lift. I replaced them with Bilstein HD shocks made for the 5-lug. I'm guessing they don't have any more travel than the stock struts and you shouldn't need extra travel in the front.

The rears are a different story. Readylift claims that you don't have to change the rear shocks but then folks complain about the rough ride. It's better to swap them out with longer shocks like the ones that come with the fat bob's spacer kit. Another option is to use rear shocks that are made for the 6-lug tacoma. They are longer and can accommodate the extra travel.
For the rear upgrade, you suggest shocks from a 6-lug. Is this from any 6-lug or the TRD editions? Please clarify, I just ordered my readylift and if I want a decent ride I minus well take care of the rear shocks while it's in the air. Thanks!