1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2012 Cruise Control

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Zackr1983, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Oct 5, 2012 at 9:57 AM
    Zackr1983

Zackr1983 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    A little too sunny so cal
    Vehicle:
    13' AC TRD Offroad
    Icon UCAs, Bilstien 5100's
    Hey fellas, just installed the cruise control from rostra part#250-1836, it's an auto so now clutch switch, it was pretty straight forward, however the cruise still down not work. According to the instruction the only required wire 1 wire from ECU to S8 plug, however after testing it showed no cruise light so I continued on with the light wire install, still no luck. So I took it for a test drive thinking there may be a chance it still worked. It did not. Thought I'd throw this out there and see if anyone else has had similar experiences.

Thanks

2. Mar 10, 2013 at 6:02 PM
    Mudfly

Mudfly Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Wilmington NC
    I'm having the same problem on my install

3. Mar 11, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Kulahaga

Kulahaga Tacomaized

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Florida Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    2010 * Regular Cab * 2.7 * Manual
    Curt Receiver Hitch * Firestone RideRite Air Springs * OEM Chrome Grill * OEM Intermittent Wipers * OEM Cruise Control * UltraGauge * * Anytime Fog Lights * Cargo Bar & Cargo Net * Pop & Lock and Bully Tailgate Security * TonnoPro Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover * Backup Camera * * LED Interior, Under Door, Under Hood & Cargo Lighting * Pin Stripes * Wet Okole Seat Cover * ImMrYo Mirror Mod * DVR207 Dash Camera *
    There are two (2) wires required that connect to connector S8. The brown wire connects to pin 1 of connector S8 and the other end to the ECM. The black wire connects to pin 2 of connector S8 and the the other end is grounded to a chassis bolt under the dash.

Let us know how your cruise mod goes. If you're still having problems, PM me and I'll be happy to help.:)

4. Mar 12, 2013 at 5:54 AM
    Mudfly

Mudfly Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Wilmington NC
    On my install it was the brown wire terminal wasn't fully seated in the ECM connector, I had to use the point of a ice pick to get it all the way in.

5. Mar 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM
    Kulahaga

Kulahaga Tacomaized

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Florida Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    2010 * Regular Cab * 2.7 * Manual
    Curt Receiver Hitch * Firestone RideRite Air Springs * OEM Chrome Grill * OEM Intermittent Wipers * OEM Cruise Control * UltraGauge * * Anytime Fog Lights * Cargo Bar & Cargo Net * Pop & Lock and Bully Tailgate Security * TonnoPro Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover * Backup Camera * * LED Interior, Under Door, Under Hood & Cargo Lighting * Pin Stripes * Wet Okole Seat Cover * ImMrYo Mirror Mod * DVR207 Dash Camera *
    Glad you got it working. Bravo!

Products Discussed in

To Top