Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   5 Lug (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-lug/)
-   -   Lexus rims (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-lug/253628-lexus-rims.html)

Mr.Schertz 12-16-2012 07:10 PM

Lexus rims
 
Anyone out there with Lexus rims on their 05's on up? Are the Lexus rims an exact fit?

Pannell_Trd 12-16-2012 07:20 PM

id like to do this also

KenLyns 12-16-2012 07:22 PM

Most Toyota/Lexus car wheels have a smaller centerbore than the 5-lug Taco (60 mm vs 67 mm), but the bolt pattern is the same.
- Most Mazda wheels (including RX-8 wheels) have a 67 mm centerbore and are a direct fit. Kelson's truck:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/IMG_0450.jpg

Lexus GX wheels will fit 6-lug Tacos, though those wheels are nothing special.

Mr.Schertz 12-16-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenLyns (Post 6141457)
Most Toyota/Lexus car wheels have a smaller centerbore than the 5-lug Taco (60 mm vs 67 mm), but the bolt pattern is the same.
- Most Mazda wheels (including RX-8 wheels) have a 67 mm centerbore and are a direct fit. Kelson's truck:
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/IMG_0450.jpg

Lexus GX wheels will fit 6-lug Tacos, though those wheels are nothing special.

So I should just look for some nissan 350z rims? That nissan cap wont look good on my truck

Mr.Schertz 12-16-2012 07:36 PM

Thanks for the info Ken

Pannell_Trd 12-16-2012 07:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
would be cool to run these wheels on this gx

KenLyns 12-16-2012 07:56 PM

If bought new, you'd be paying Lexus parts markup, which are higher than Toyota parts markup. They are almost $2000 for a set of 4:
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2009/4404.html

I don't like the style, too rounded/feminine. It's heavy, too, at 28 lb.

Hard to justify when *forged* TRD 4Runner wheels are only $1400:
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9002

Pannell_Trd 12-16-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenLyns (Post 6141590)
If bought new, you'd be paying Lexus parts markup, which are higher than Toyota parts markup. They are almost $2000 for a set of 4:
http://lexus.sewellparts.com/accesso...2009/4404.html

I don't like the style, too rounded/feminine. It's heavy, too, at 28 lb.

Hard to justify when *forged* TRD 4Runner wheels are only $1400:
http://trdparts4u.toyotaofdallas.com...dproduct=-9002

holy shit, nevermind id stick with trd :eek:

KenLyns 12-16-2012 08:05 PM

In terms of cost / weight, the best value for 17" wheels is probably the Konig Six Shooter: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...brand-new.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Schertz (Post 6141503)
So I should just look for some nissan 350z rims? That nissan cap wont look good on my truck

Nissan wheels have a 66 mm centerbore, so you'd need to get them reamed out to 67 mm at a shop or use lugcentric spacers (not recommended - too easy to get vibrations).

Vstrom30 12-16-2012 08:05 PM

A guy I know is running those GX rims on his 03 Tundra. He got them cheap because they are all peeling. They should fit a 6 bolt pattern. They don't look that great.

Mr.Schertz 12-16-2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenLyns (Post 6141640)
In terms of cost / weight, the best value for 17" wheels is probably the Konig Six Shooter: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...brand-new.html



Nissan wheels have a 66 mm centerbore, so you'd need to get them reamed out to 67 mm at a shop or use lugcentric spacers (not recommended - too easy to get vibrations).

Those are nice rims but I am a 5 lugger

KenLyns 12-16-2012 10:05 PM

The Konig link was meant for Pannell_Trd.

Your 5-lugger can use similar Rota Grid wheels:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/att...y-dsc_0003.jpg

Pannell_Trd 12-18-2012 03:18 PM

Those konig wheels are nice, haven't seen really to many of those.

Mr.Schertz 12-18-2012 10:42 PM

found a set of 2004 RX-8 rims,if i choose to use these I want to get rid of the mazda center cap,is there a toyota cap I can put in its place?

Az lowtacoma 12-18-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Schertz (Post 6152245)
found a set of 2004 RX-8 rims,if i choose to use these I want to get rid of the mazda center cap,is there a toyota cap I can put in its place?

I'm pretty sure keels on has Camry center caps but I'd check his build thread to be sure

Kelson 12-28-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Az lowtacoma (Post 6152262)
I'm pretty sure keels on has Camry center caps but I'd check his build thread to be sure

i think it's camry too it's a standard size but i ordered corolla alloy rim 16" center cap.

F16TACO 12-28-2012 08:59 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/d...CTURES_047.jpg

I have Nissan 350Z wheels and they fit perfect. Just need to find Toyota center caps.

ttaM 12-31-2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenLyns (Post 6142220)


:drool::drool::drool::drool:

AC13JohnG 12-31-2012 03:36 PM

My poor truck hasn't been that clean in months.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:24 AM.