Tacoma World Forums

Tacoma World Forums (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/)
-   5 Lug (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-lug/)
-   -   Anyone have a Custom Manual Shift Knob (http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-lug/254096-anyone-have-custom-manual-shift-knob.html)

95SLE 12-19-2012 02:00 PM

Anyone have a Custom Manual Shift Knob
 
Looking for ideas to install a different shift knob. Anyone have a custom knob? If you do would you post up a pic.

FreidTaco 12-19-2012 02:10 PM

I made this one back in hs for my '91 toyota pickup. Made from a scrap aluminum that we had poured into a cylinder shape

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...tosser0308.jpg

I added knurling on it but managed to hit the top half twice offset so it was smoother than the bottom half. fits your hand amazing.


http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/...tosser0307.jpg

95SLE 12-19-2012 05:59 PM

Nice. I like the look.

MikeTaco 07-29-2013 11:56 AM

Resurrecting an old thread, hope autos are ok; I have an FJ cruiser shift knob on mine.

T@co_Pr3runn3r 07-29-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTaco (Post 7226483)
Resurrecting an old thread, hope autos are ok; I have an FJ cruiser shift knob on mine.

Cool, was checking those out in the showroom when we bought the wife's RAV4. FJ auto knob is very cool looking...and tall too.

MowTaco 07-29-2013 12:23 PM

I had a revolver barrel one from walmart for awhile but I broke it trying to keep it on there tightly. A friend and I have made a few beer tap ones too

MikeTaco 07-30-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r (Post 7226508)
Cool, was checking those out in the showroom when we bought the wife's RAV4. FJ auto knob is very cool looking...and tall too.

Look in my pics and you will see it, I thought it came out good

T@co_Pr3runn3r 07-30-2013 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeTaco (Post 7230793)
Look in my pics and you will see it, I thought it came out good

I think so too, real good. First thing I noticed in the showroom was how good the perforated pattern would gel with the door panels and dash bezel..............

tooter 07-31-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 95SLE (Post 6154407)
Looking for ideas to install a different shift knob. Anyone have a custom knob? If you do would you post up a pic.

I shift with a 1960's era Hurst Cueball... :)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ps873a57ad.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...psb42ca561.jpg

It's on the same shorty shift lever I used on my Gen 1 Taco for 17 years. It fit perfectly on my 2012.

egres 02-08-2014 01:31 PM

I WANT ONE OF THIS, but i will wait for price to go down from $180 to $75.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRmh3PoCM_0


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 PM.