1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2007 5 Lug Tacoma 5100 Questions

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by jpatzig101, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Feb 26, 2013 at 7:44 AM
    jpatzig101

jpatzig101 [OP] Member

Member:
    none yet!
    So I have a 2007 stock base 2.7L 5 lug tacoma. Around 100,000 miles. I put the ReadyLift spacer/AAL kit on it at around 60,000 miles probably around 2 years ago. The kit is holding up well. It still rides decent and I haven't seen much sagging. The springs and shocks are stock in the front and in the rear I have some non-stock shocks. I can't remember what they are, but I was recommended them by someone on here forever ago. I think they are actually the shocks that are used on Ford Explorers. I do 99% highway driving, and I'm trying to get a better highway smooth ride. Since the lift, the ride has been pretty rough. It seems to me that the front actually rides GREAT and it's the rear that is killer. I think I can actually feel that it's the rear that jumps around on all the small bumps. SO, after researching it seems that it's probably the rear shocks that are my problem. I know everyone says that the bilstein 5100's are awesome, but they will not fit on the 5 luggers. However, with the Spacers/AAL's, I'm up around 2.5" in the front and rear. Would some Bilstein 5100's fit for the rear? Thanks

2. Feb 27, 2013 at 8:57 AM
    jpatzig101

jpatzig101 [OP] Member

Member:
    none yet!
  3. Feb 27, 2013 at 7:21 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    You should try them out and let us know. I don't think I've read a review of them on a lifted 5-lug.

Products Discussed in

To Top