1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Performance Upgrade AFTER a Re-gear. HELP!

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by ACGrenade, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Aug 7, 2013 at 6:26 AM
    ACGrenade

ACGrenade [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma SR5 Base/Lifted
    Readylift 18 inch VTEC 285/60/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers BLACKED OUT Windows 4.10 Re-gear INSTALLED.
    Ok, So two years ago I installed a Ready Lift on my 2006 Tacoma 5 Lug. Then Shortly after I installed 285/60/R18 rims and tire combination when I needed new tires.

Last year I installed a 4.10 third member in the rear end to get a little smoother ride at cruising speed. BTW, thanks for all the suggestions for that upgrade! hooked me up big time!

About a month ago I installed a factory Toyota hitch and wiring harness because I bought a boat. Well, the boat arrived and I have hauled it around central Florida several times with the family.

The boat and trailer combination weigh approximately 1500 pounds, so it is nothing too extreme for my 2.7L to pull; however, I fell like I should have so much more pulling power after the re-gear?

I watch Powerblock on Spike TV religiously and they are always mentioning Performance Modules, "Chips", and other upgrades to retune your factory computer settings once upgrades have been installed.

What do they offer for our trucks? My truck needs a solid tune and It feels like I am losing so much power. With the boat attached to the rig or not, it still needs a solid tune.

Can anyone help me???

Products Discussed in

To Top