1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My Wheel and Tire decision

Discussion in '5 Lug' started by Tacodell13, Aug 22, 2013.

1. Aug 22, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    Tacodell13

Tacodell13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2005 5 Lug
    She is a blank canvas
    Hello Fellow Taco Fans! After years of wanting one I finally bought myself a Taco. It is nothing special but is a blank canvas. It's a base 2wd regular cab, 5 lug, white, 2005. It is setting on stock 15 inch steelies. I have no desire to lift it or try and make it look like a 4wd but I do not like it as is. I think the rear is sitting slightly lower than the front. I am planning to add a leaf spring from Fat Bob to fix this.

I don't like the stock rims and would like to fill in the wheel well a little more. I would like to avoid hurting the mpg, the ride and to much speedo error as much as possible. My options as I see them are to keep 15 inch rims and go with a slightly taller tire or increase to a 16 inch rim without a taller tire.

My question? Any other options without the lift? I don't want 18's with low profile tire look... Just a beefier looking regular truck...

Also, what are the pros and cons of the 15 vs. the 16 inch on a base suspension?

Thanks! This forum has been a huge help!

2. Aug 23, 2013 at 1:44 PM
    MowTaco

MowTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    16 Chevrolet Silverado
    Tires are cheaper for 15s, that's about it. I personally like the look of the stock steelies once you get some bigger tires on them, maybe try that before dropping cash on new wheels

Products Discussed in

To Top