1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Picked up some goodies today!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by The Traveler, May 6, 2012.

1. May 6, 2012 at 3:00 AM
    The Traveler

The Traveler [OP] Desert Chief

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 Prerunner
    I found a set of 285/75/16 BFG AT's yesterday mounted and balanced on a set of matte black Ultra Type 164's in the classified section of ToyotaNation. The guy happened to live a few miles away, so I went to check them out and eventually talked him down to a price I liked ($850). He even threw in a set of 4000k HID kits to sweeten the deal!

Can't wait to have these bad boys mounted on the Taco...first mods only after a week of owning the truck! :eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also did a local trail to a summit in OC with the truck to test out the 4x4 capabilities...overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the truck I bought and even more so with these mods coming in!

[​IMG]

Next mods, Bestop Supertop, 3" OME lift kit, and eventually some Demello bumpers and sliders.

2. May 6, 2012 at 9:33 AM
    zeekevin

zeekevin Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Sweet deal on the rims and tires. Where are you ordering the bestop from? Nice s2000 in the back got any more pictures of that?

3. May 6, 2012 at 12:53 PM
    The Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Not sure where I'll be getting my Bestop, I'm trying very hard to find somebody with a short box who is selling theres, but if not then probably from 4wp.

The S2k actually belongs to the guy I bought the rims and tires from, that's his photo haha. It was really nice, all show car. Widebody, Spoon style carbon fiber hood, decals, 2 tone paint, and a turbo on top of that.

4. May 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    gsxrdoug

gsxrdoug 2009 X-Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Douglas
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2009 X-Runner
    Stock
    Remember you need the lift before you put the tires on!!!! You will rub without the lift.

5. May 6, 2012 at 12:56 PM
    Cortland

Cortland THIS IS AMERICA!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cortland
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Clifford aka Big Red
    Camburg 4" Spindles, 5100's All Around, All-Pro 1.5" Leaf Pack, All-Pro U-Bolt Flip Kit, Avid Sliders, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Wicked Flow 18" Muffler
    Awesome Deal!

6. May 6, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    tacowestley

tacowestley Khmer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    562/626, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 DC Prerunner OR
    8k HIDs, flowmaster, bora wheel spacers 1.25'', debadged tailgate, DRL and foglight anytime mod, BHLM, 09+ LED tailights, painted valence black, mickey thompson classics 16'', switchback LEDs, reverse LEDs, tailgate clamp
    Thats a hell of a deal man!

My neighbor had an S2k w/ a supercharger about a month ago and traded it for an Evo lol

7. May 6, 2012 at 3:49 PM
    zul

zul Professional Goofball

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite Mica DCSB SR5 4WD V6 AT
    HAVE: Bed mat, Tailgate Lock, Color-matched Grille, Weathertech Floor Liners, Avid Step Rails, RokBlokz mud flaps WANT: Rear Plate Bumper, Steel bed cage
    Nice grab!

8. May 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    hard2kill

hard2kill Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    06 4door trd sport white 6spd
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    nice buy!!!! start triming lol

9. May 6, 2012 at 6:02 PM
    The Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    And they said I'd rub with 33"s and stock height...pshhhh.

I just mounted them on the truck after dremeling some pieces around the bottom of the fender flare and the wheel wells...rears fit perfectly.

The only problem I have right now is that the spokes are just BARELY clearing the calipers up front. They actually scrape when I apply a hard brake, because of the little flexing motion of the caliper pistons. I'll be buying some 5mm spacers for the front just for some peace of mind.

Otherwise, they look great! I'll post up pics tonight!

10. May 6, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    The Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Before

[​IMG]

After - had to remove the front mudflaps. I'm going to trim them down and put them back on.

[​IMG]

And here is the front fitment. Little minor rubbing when making a U-turn but only on the plastic wheel well. Need to trim a little more off.

[​IMG]

:D

11. May 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    ...315's,2in bora wheel spacers,safari snorkel,wheel spacers,bruteforcefab rear bumper and sliders,afe filter,hi-lift jack,5100 with OME 886 & 1/2in spacer,allpro expo's,icon 10in rear shox,flip kit,ss brake lines,cobra cb,fog light mod,yellow fogs,weathertech mats,fullsize spare tire and extra sport rim,tinted windows,aeroturbine 2525 muffler dumped over axle...rear diff breather mod...removed factory spare...removed 2nd air filter...THULE roof rack and fairing....bud builts front to back,allpoo front bumper,BAMF lca skids,overland Offroad roof and bed racks,
    i knew theyd fit but youd have to trim if you get a 5mm spacer make sure you get extended studs or the extended lug nuts

12. May 6, 2012 at 11:27 PM
    The Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The lugs aren't long enough for a 5mm spacer?

13. May 7, 2012 at 1:23 AM
    jdmdcfan

jdmdcfan Well-Known Member

Member:
    east WA
    Vehicle:
    dcsb
    Great first start. I can see you're heading in the right direction with your future plans. Have you thought about spydertrax wheel spacers? Or do the specs on your new wheels make the tires stick out enough already?

14. May 7, 2012 at 3:05 AM
    justinitsuj

justinitsuj Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Mills illest
    Debadged//blacked out//6" fabtech//stubby//spintech//thule//wet okoles//weathertech floor mats//
    looks good!

15. May 7, 2012 at 3:41 AM
    The Traveler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    They sit pretty wide as it is, because of the offset/backspacing on these wheels. But I'm not sure I'll notice a big difference in how wide they look with just some 5mm spacers?

I have thought about Spydertrax, but for the sake of clearing my calipers, they're a bit out of my budget. I'm scared to drive the truck how it is right now, so I'm going to pick up some generic, very minimal spacers from Pep Boys or something tomorrow and mount them on the front while I trim a bit more off the wheel well.

Any problems with trimming out the bottom of the wheel wells? The only thing I'm worried about is trimming them and finding a sensor down there that shouldn't get wet.

16. May 7, 2012 at 5:07 AM

.28 TacoRunnerCamry

Member:
    First Name:
    miguel
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Offroad DC 4x4
    Very nice.. You got a very good deal.. Grats..

17. May 7, 2012 at 6:46 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:
    our stock studs dont grab alot of threads as is so to be safe the guys the run small spacers get new studs or the extended lug nuts that grab more threads....there writeups on it...stock lugs will work just not the safest option

18. May 7, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    hard2kill

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Rhinebeck NY
    Vehicle:

Products Discussed in

To Top