1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will they reach??

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Nick54, May 8, 2012.

1. May 8, 2012 at 6:34 PM
    Nick54

Nick54 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Has anyone tried relocating a dash switch from the upper part of the dash on the left of the stearing wheel to the lower dash right below? I would like to move the converter switch down so I can locate my air compressor and rear locker switches together. Wondering if the wiring will be long enough to reach there. This is not an actual picture of my dash, I do have 2 switches located on the lower section, that's just to cover the comment to just mount them below where there are already side by side blanks.
    [​IMG]

2. May 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM
    NRXTM

NRXTM Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2011 toyota tacoma
    i dont know but probobly its only like 2inches down

3. May 8, 2012 at 6:37 PM
    Sheppymach

Sheppymach Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sheppy
    Philadelphia, Pa
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner trail edition
    BLU LOGIC bt, avid, weather tech mats & rain guards, 285/70/17, BenWA's totally AWESOME power sliding window mod.
    it is, you might have to unplug a few and untangle but they do.

4. May 8, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    ARB Rear Locker & Compressor, Bakflip F1, Antennex 13" flexable antenna, WeatherTech Floor Liners, WeatherTech Side Window Visors, Tacoma Bed Mat, Demello Rock Crushers, Dynamax Ultraflow SS Muffler, TSB 4-Pak Leaf Springs, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Redline Hood Struts, Color Matched Angry Eyelids, Combo Lock Bed Compartments, Bed Mat, Pop-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Goodyear Duratracs on ProComp 7033's, M101A2 Trailer, Grillcraft Mesh Grill, Light Racing UCA's, King OEM Performance Remote Reservoir Adjustable Front & Rear Shocks, JVC NT3HDT, Blue Sea Aux Fuse Panel, BAMF Behind Grill Light Bracket, Kragen 55W 7" HID's, CBI Front Receiver, Home Link Garage Door Opener, FlyEyez Light Unit, Bud Built Front to Back Skids...
    Perfect, that is exactly what I want to do. I'm guessing you didn't need to extend wiring. Thanks for the pics.
    P.S. It looks like you dash picture I hijacked for my original post, hope I don't owe royalties.

5. May 8, 2012 at 6:56 PM
    Nick54

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Mentor Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Sport
    My bad, thought the pic might have been per switch moves and installs. Thanks for the directions, I don't think it will be to big of a hassel now that I know the wiring will reach.

6. May 8, 2012 at 7:05 PM
    Brandon9402

Brandon9402 uncoordinated dirtbox

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    02 prerunner sr5
    Kenwood headunit, 4 kicker 5x7 coaxials,2 memphis 1.5" tweeters, 2 12" memphis subwoofers, memphis 500w amp, chrome grille guard, kc fog lamps, chrome side steps, chrome tool box, and window visors
    always thought it was cool to see people add switches in their trucks. creating their own command center/cockpit! especially when they take advantage of factory spots or hidden places

Products Discussed in

To Top