1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HU with rear usb

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DoubleTake, May 11, 2012.

1. May 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM
    DoubleTake

DoubleTake [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am trying to find a HU with rear USB so I use something like the link below to mount a usb port flush somewhere on the dash.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200744360193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I can buy something used, but want the display colors to have the green option. I mainly want the rear USB so the ipod cord will be out of the way and not hanging in the middle of the dash.

Would like to go with Pioneer, but would consider others. This will be going in a 98 Tacoma if it matters.

Also, when there is the rear USB, do I have to buy a special cable to control/charge iPod or does a regular USB to iPod cable work?

Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 11, 2012 at 7:47 AM
    Warhorseforever

Warhorseforever Will The Thrill

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Sand Lapper
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Tacoma Pre-Runner SR5
    Kenwood KDC-348U HU Kicker DS65 Front Doors Only 2 Polk Audio MM840 Kenwood KAC 8105D for subs SuperCrewSound.com behind rear seat sub box
    Pioneer makes great head units some you do have to buy a special adapter for your iPods to work but, unless you're doing a 2-3,000 active system and plan on paying upward of 1,000 for it, you won't need one of those. Get on Crutchfield.com and look for a head unit you would like. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of them so just pick one you like using the filters on the left side of the page I linked.

Products Discussed in

To Top