1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alarm siren best hidden spot?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Hillingdoner, May 15, 2012.

1. May 15, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    Hillingdoner

Hillingdoner [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    95 LX xtracab 3.4L 4x4 5spd
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    1995 Tacoma xtra cab v6 4wd.

About to install alarm system and looking for ideas of the best place to mount the siren so that it is hidden/difficult to get to.

Truck came with a disconnected alarm system where they just mounted the siren on the inner fender well under the hood. Both wires cut when I got the truck. Spot did not seem too good as they could just pop the hood, cut the wires and no more siren.

Any ideas/experience?

Cheers

2. May 17, 2012 at 9:29 PM
    sun

sun Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memphis
    Vehicle:
    2011 PreRunner
    Pioneer avic-z130bt with axxess aswc and rear cam mod, audiovox 10 flip down monitor, Pyle pl76d headrest monitors, kicker cvr tens wired down to one ohm with hifonics Brutus 1200.1, Clazzio seat covers, 20% tint on front windows, polished factory exhaust, peragon retractable bed cover, pop n lock tailgate handle with dei actuators for automatic lock, viper 5901 alarm remote start with viper smart start, hid bixenon 4500k headlights with 4500k fog lights, led map license plate lights and dome lights
    Dang I cant remember off top i don't have a first gen but on my second gen I got it on the frame facing down but this is my spare siren because when it gets wet from heavy rain or going through a car wash that sprays water under the truck it get muffled lol but anyways I've installed many behind grills facing down this usually involves removing the grill so u can tuck it away and hide wires better

3. May 18, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    140 amp Cadillac alternator, Audio system in progress, 4Runner map light mirror conversion, foot well lamp addition, buckets and console from 99 Tacoma regular cab, big three, tint
    Thanks for the post.

I ended up not having room in my 95 in the grille area. What I did as I had two sirens (one left over from an old system that was originally on the vehicle and hacked up) was to mount one underhood on the typical side inner fender area. The other I took the driver's side wheel well panel out of the front and was able to get one up and inside the fender itself. With the splash panel back in place it is protected and well out of prying eyes etc.

Thanks again for the post.

Cheers

4. May 18, 2012 at 6:12 AM
    FrankieG

FrankieG Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Sport TRD 4WD
    This sounds crazy but I did it. I mounted a small airhorn under passenger side dash as well as the siren outside. There is no way they could even attempt to sit in the vehicle. Total cost was about $150.

5. May 18, 2012 at 1:53 PM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    That's great, lol. I've heard of others mounting high power piezos under the dash to make it unbearable to be in. Still have that option later. Doing the door conversions today. Putting power locks on. Like how they come with no instructions and no relays to run them.

6. May 19, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    This is where mine is mounted:
    DSCF1532_9f241b52483c8237a3c5ca11bb432fc15accc9d0.jpg

7. May 26, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    koco

koco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '01 Taco
    Around $26,000 worth of unleaded in the fuel tank.
    Alarm siren should be as unreachable as possible. If the wire is exposed, it can be cut or shorted out. Put it behind the battery or something and hide the wire. A backup battery and interior siren are good ideas.

8. May 29, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    That's what I did. Wires run inside the fender etc. Still need to do the battery back up. Cheers

9. May 29, 2012 at 10:39 AM
    koco

koco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area Ca.
    Vehicle:
    '01 Taco
    Around $26,000 worth of unleaded in the fuel tank.
    It would be good to place a 1amp fuse inline with the siren + near the brain somewhere to prevent shorting of the siren output. This is only if you put a mini siren inside. It's worth the $10-$15 extra.

10. Jun 1, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    Hillingdoner

Member:
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    Good idea. I don't have the inside siren at the moment. Two under the hood (one totally hidden inside the fender) are incredibly loud. Might put a fuse on the obvious one, but then if they got that far they could just take the neg cable off until I get the back up battery sorted lol.

Products Discussed in

To Top