1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help tow masters....

Discussion in 'Towing' started by LAoffroadin, May 23, 2012.

1. May 23, 2012 at 4:58 PM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Ok so i bought my very own first trailer for a military move in july and have a question about this brake module thingy i had to buy according to the salesman. So i own a 2012 dcsb and a now a BigTex 70pi trailer. With this purchase i rcvd a electronic braking module thingy that i have no clue how to install or use. i know that the harness itself has to plug in under the das somewheres.. but where? any help will be apprecciatted... pm or replies please

trailer rear.jpg
    trailer(front).jpg
    trailer side.jpg
    ETB plug.jpg
    brake thing.jpg

2. May 23, 2012 at 5:03 PM
    Tacomada

Tacomada Well-Known Member

Member:
    TBC - Canadiana
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road
  3. May 23, 2012 at 5:11 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
  4. May 23, 2012 at 7:12 PM
    lj973gm

lj973gm Sold it, dont miss it yet.

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4wd
    I am assuming your trailer has electric brakes, correct?

How much weight do you plan to carry and how far.

I have towed 3500 with my tacoma and no trailer brakes just fine, but I am all flat land by me. You might not need to put in the brake controller if you are not hauling alot of weight.

I know this does not answer your question but figured it might help in some way.

5. May 23, 2012 at 8:08 PM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4

im towing about 4800lbs im estimating give or take a few hundred. that weight does include a 2008 ford escape

6. May 24, 2012 at 2:48 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4

well whipper....

we meet yet again... except your helping me now, (much appreciatted)
    so basically what ive read is that im going to need to buy extra wire of each color and size and do some soldering. whats your take?

7. May 24, 2012 at 3:37 AM
    Blueanimal

Blueanimal Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    Ima shoot you text today. Been busy lately. But it's it's easy to wire up. You do have the towing package correct?
    If your free this evening I can stop by on my way home from work and look at it for you.

8. May 24, 2012 at 3:44 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    yup im free shoot me a text thanks bro +1 for you

9. May 24, 2012 at 4:07 AM
    Blueanimal

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    K&N 77 series intake, Throttle boby spacer, Bilstien 5100, Firestone airbags, Brush Gaurd, Gooseneck hitch, Whelen lights and siren
    You get my text?
    Edit: nvm

10. May 24, 2012 at 2:21 PM
    Blueanimal

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    New Orleans area, La
    Vehicle:
    06 Prerunner Sport
    After about 20min of searching we finally found it! Lol. Toyota did a pretty good job of hiding the pigtail.

11. May 25, 2012 at 7:46 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    That's a good looking Trailer you got there. I have a 6x12 enclosed for my motorcycle but would love to also have a trailer like that for Hauling off garbage or lawn debris. I like to keep the inside of my enclosed clean because I also camp in it. Yours would make a great work trailer.

12. Oct 2, 2012 at 1:36 PM
    DenisSeattle

DenisSeattle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    I found mine way up in the corner above the parking brake pedal, tucked behind a hefty bundle of harness wires. Remove the kick panel, get on your back, and take your time feeling around up there, you'll find it. A very small flashlight helps. Resist the temptation to cut open wire bundles.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/to...digy-p2-trailer-brake-controller-install.html

No soldering required, just use the butt connectors (crimping type) that came with the Tekonsha. Connect your Toyota harness jumper to the Voyager wires according to the diagram in the Tekonsha instructions. You might not need all of the wires but no more than 1 should remain unmatched. The combined wire lengths should give you plenty to work with. I slid mine through some heat shrink.

Products Discussed in

To Top