1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wicked Flow with DT longtubes

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Burritos Taco, May 24, 2012.

1. May 24, 2012 at 5:48 PM
    Burritos Taco

Burritos Taco [OP] Active Member

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Bilstein 5100s set at 1, 5160s rear,URD MAF calibrator, KN 63 series,DT Longtubes,Magnaflow cats, Walker Quiet Flow muffler, 2x Vibrant ultra quite resonators, TRD quickshifter
  2. May 24, 2012 at 6:04 PM
    Burritos Taco

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Bilstein 5100s set at 1, 5160s rear,URD MAF calibrator, KN 63 series,DT Longtubes,Magnaflow cats, Walker Quiet Flow muffler, 2x Vibrant ultra quite resonators, TRD quickshifter
    A couple more pictures of the drivers side headers and the inside of the muffler.

IMAG0293.jpg
    IMAG0217.jpg
    IMAG0294.jpg

3. May 24, 2012 at 6:14 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    Nice sounds beast

4. May 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM
    Burritos Taco

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Thanks for the complement Wildlantaco, but it is a little to poppy-high end buzz for me. I will add a resonator to make it quiet, but hopefully it will keep some of the grunt, and let the KN take over for the high end. I love this 4.0 I just don't the buzz I am getting from the straight through exhaust.

I have had trouble with codes, I do have the rear sensors hooked up to the harness loop controller chip device.

I disconnected the battery and replaced the front drivers O2 sensor for the p0031, now it is giving both p0031 and p0051.

I disconnected the battery again and switched the AF heater relay with the fog light relay and nothing changed.

I will go into the DIY shop Tuesday or Wednesday to do plugs and trans/diff/transfer oils and I will check the OHMs then.

I also have the ABS light on, after the bilstien 5100s were installed, I'll re-check the wires and clean the sensors.

These electronics seem to be one thing after another, I understand why so many people on this for like to stick to stock spec.

And thank for the help, I've been lurking the forums for three months, and learned enough to start my truck in the direction that I feel will make it slightly greater than it already is.

5. May 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM
    Burritos Taco

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 DCSB 4x4 6sp
    Put a vibrant ultra quiet resonator, 3" about a foot before the muffler.

It has a better sound to it, all of the low notes are still there, took out MOST but not all of the above 2k RPM buzz.

Sorry for the bad video quality, I was on my own this time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRH6qDTCsao

Going to the shop tomorrow to do spark plugs, trans and diff fluids and to try to solve my p0031,p0051 and the ABS light.

6. May 30, 2012 at 3:06 PM
    Robertgeejr1

Robertgeejr1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Aorora, Ill, yeah!
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Tacoma SR5 4x4
    I have done all the hi-pro mods for a life time, since I got this truck at a great price, I will be happy with showroom new.
    YOU DOG!
    I bet that baby winds out like there is no tomorrow!

i know its somewhat diff. but in 2005 I did bbk headers, with the magna cat back, 3" out... but since I was there, I went ahead and put in new o2 sensors, there were 4, and I did not have a prob. sometimes they get knocked around when doing that and that can mess them up. anyway, hope you get it figured out, and enjoy.
    and I got them from JEGS, but I got the highproformance header gaskets, and manifold bolts, don't know if you did that but a small leak from reusing the gasket could cause that.

Products Discussed in

To Top