1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clazzio Leather Seat Covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by evh5150, May 28, 2012.

1. May 28, 2012 at 5:33 PM
    evh5150

evh5150 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 D/C S/B V6 6 Speed
    Bilstein/5100 combo from Toytec. LR UCA's.1.5 AAL's Full audio upgrade.Pioneer 8400, JL Audio subs. All Boston Acoustic pro speakers, and a Kenwood XRS 5 amp. Grillcraft, Smittybuilt stainless steps. Debadged. Soon 17x8 ATX Ledge wheels w/285/70/17 BF Goodrich
    Anybody ever use them? And what'cha think?

2. May 28, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    drsus

drsus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRDpro
    stock
    I have them, they are very high quality for the price, i was very surprised.
    Its nice thick leather and feel like quality stuff to the touch.

fit wise, the lumbar could be more form fitting, the center part kind of floats unless you put your back on it....maybe as it wears it will stretch and sit properly...it doesn't look bad though, you only notice it when you push on and realize there a gap between the leather and the seat.

My other caveat is that for the TRD sport seats, the flap thats supposed to connect to each other on the seat cushion part doesn't work on because its designed for the plastic back of the access cab...not sure if they sent me the wrong ones but since it came in a sealed box with the rear seat covers to i doubt that. OR i just put hem on wrong? very possible ;)

But in the end, i do like them a lot and so far everyone that sees them think they're OEM.

I also put in these seat heaters while at it

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-T...es&hash=item4aaf265ecc&vxp=mtr#ht_8468wt_1413

IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1033.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. May 28, 2012 at 7:24 PM
    dalesrn

dalesrn Tacoma TSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dale
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma PreRunner DC with TSS Package
    Borla exhaust system, Sirius Satellite Radio, Chrome package, Trailer Hitch, Clazzio Leather seat covers, TSS badging, Anytime on fog lights mod, Daytime driving lights mod, Dual backseat DVD players w/monitors, 3rd Brake Light "TSS" mod, Bed pocket lights mod, Seat belt chime mod, Bed storage compartment auxillary outlet mod, Shorty antenna, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, Line of Fire tailgate light
    subscribed

4. May 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM
    aznutx

aznutx Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    2011 White TRD
    hmm from the pics it looks nice

5. May 29, 2012 at 4:48 AM
    evh5150

evh5150 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eddie
    Auburn,Ma
    Vehicle:
    2010 D/C S/B V6 6 Speed
    Bilstein/5100 combo from Toytec. LR UCA's.1.5 AAL's Full audio upgrade.Pioneer 8400, JL Audio subs. All Boston Acoustic pro speakers, and a Kenwood XRS 5 amp. Grillcraft, Smittybuilt stainless steps. Debadged. Soon 17x8 ATX Ledge wheels w/285/70/17 BF Goodrich
    Ebay 449.00 and you can order in different colors or patterns

6. May 29, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    drsus

drsus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRDpro
    stock
    Thats how I got mine. They only have blak and grey in stock. Any changes to that requires special order and they say 8 week wait.

7. May 29, 2012 at 3:21 PM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    OME 885s on Bilstein 5100s set at 0 with 1/2" plate spacers. OME Dakars with Bilstein 5100 Extended Length Shocks. 16" Pro Comp 7032 wheels wrapped with 285/75-16 Duratracs
    got any night pics of those heated seat switches? i saw those on ebay months ago. just curious as to what exactly lights up. the shape and styling are very similar to the oem ones, but i wasnt sure if they lit up the same.

nevermind, checked out your link. different brand than what i was looking at, but very similar idea. different companies, same switch. kinda wish that the seat icon lit up separately. better set up than trying to use oem switches bc a bunch of guys have tried it with little to no results bc of resistance differences.

8. May 29, 2012 at 3:24 PM
    SVAZ Taco

SVAZ Taco Private Citizen

Member:
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB 4X4
    Those seat heater switches look factory, nice!

9. May 29, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    drsus

drsus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Los Angeles, CA
    Vehicle:
    4Runner TRDpro
    stock
    the way the work is that the green light comes on when you turn your lights on...thats their backlight if you will. then when you turn your seat heater on, the red square light goes on. I wish it wasn't green, but its not too bad since its down where there hop other lights so its not too out of place...but white wouldve been much classier.

the wheel has 5 click positions...i highly recommend taking off any or as much padding that the clazzios come with. they have a pretty think foam on the inside that not only makes it a bitch to put them on, but makes the heaters VERY isolated from the surface... id don't see why you would need this foam if they're going over the existing seats already. Maybe if your were replacing the factory seat covers it makes more sense.
    Anyway, once you do that, its a very nice graduation of heat setting.

i looked into the OEM switches and the wiring and potentiometer debacle was just ridiculous to try and make it work. These fit perfect i the slots and aside from the party green back lights, they're perfect.

heres two more shots, better view.....nevermind my pooches paw prints on armrest, thats his copilot area. Here you get a sense of how the lumbar center section doesn't quite sit on flush, it floats over the center section. I think the leather will stretch with time and be more form fitting though. It stretches very easily to it when you sit and lay on it, there no weird pressure on your back or anything.

IMG_1034.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg

10. May 30, 2012 at 6:29 AM
    griffin407c

griffin407c Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    '12 DCLB MGM 4x4 Sport w/Entune
    OME 885s on Bilstein 5100s set at 0 with 1/2" plate spacers. OME Dakars with Bilstein 5100 Extended Length Shocks. 16" Pro Comp 7032 wheels wrapped with 285/75-16 Duratracs
    ^ thanks for the explanation and other pics. probably going to purchase some in the near future so i can get ready for winter.

11. May 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM
    mytaco77

mytaco77 Well-Known Member

Member:
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    08 dbsb 4x4 TRD
    Looks great. I'm gonna go w/ the round switches since I have an 08 and don't have that location for the switches.

12. Jul 16, 2012 at 11:16 PM
    Wired

Wired Member

Member:
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner TRD Sport
    Thanks for the info. I have been pondering for quite sometime wondering about these Clazzio custom fit leather covers. Saw them on ebay for quite sometime and could never pull the trigger. Your pics have really made my decision to move toward getting them muc more of a reality.

Will post my pics if and when I get them.

13. Aug 2, 2012 at 10:26 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    I came over from an '08 4Runner where I purchased the Clazzio covers for my rig. Clazzio is actually thru Toyota dealerships and put into cars where leather was not an option. They are high quality and if you want to buy them I recommend purchasing them thru trdsparks.com (http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.php?Mdl_dtl=833&Part_cat=32&parts_id=4334) They are a toyota dealership out of South Carolina and can order these things quickly for you. Keep in mind, these covers are custom ordered from Japan and can take up to 4 months for delivery. Middle insert options include: suede, leather, PVC vinyl.

14. Aug 5, 2012 at 12:23 PM
    Redfox1

Redfox1 'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas

Member:
    First Name:
    Conner
    Santa Paula, CA and SLO
    Vehicle:
    09 Prerunner Sport TRD
    Browning Floor Mats, 275/70/17 BFG All-Terrain T/A's, Procomp 7089 wheels,Rear Spring TSB, Bilstein 5100's, LED roof light, seatbelt chime disabled, CB, UWS Toolbox,
    Am about to order these. Can anyone offer any more reviews? I don't know whether to get the PVC leather or the real leather...

15. Aug 5, 2012 at 11:35 PM
    Beast Mode

Beast Mode Well-Known Member

Member:
    PDX
    Vehicle:
    12 DCSB Sport 4x4
    RCD lift, Pro Comp, 285/70/17 Destination AT, LR UCA, magnaflow muffler, LEER 180, Flyzeye, Clazzio covers, N-Fab steps
    I can tell you from handling the PVC's in person that they feel amazing!! The leather ones actually have the PVC material out the outside and just the middle insert is leather. I've asked Sparks Toyota a few questions regarding the durability of both and was told the PVC feels similar to leather and would probably hold up better. Comparing prices you're looking at $450 vs $270....I'm about to order me up some PVCs again. Just know that it'll take a few months to receive them regardless of what you choose. Unless you a.) order off of eBay or b.) call Sparks and ask what they have in stock and you may get lucky that they have your combo available.

16. Aug 24, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Anybody have suggestions on making the arm rest cover fit well?

Products Discussed in

To Top