1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help installing video system

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by RobbySkateboard, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Jun 1, 2012 at 12:51 AM
    RobbySkateboard

RobbySkateboard [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 Tacoma TRD Sport DCSB
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338536609.386644.jpg
    I actually already solved the orange cable but the blue one is still loose, the sheet says its "+12 volt power ant. Or ant. amplifier", this comes from my wire harness, does that go to anything? Like maybe one of the things below?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338536834.569942.jpg
    These are all loose as well, here's the sheet that says what they all are ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338536891.677226.jpg but I have no clue where I can attach them or even if I need to, I plugged in my rca's and have sound, but just wanted to double check, are they just for aftermarket sound systems? Thanks for the help guys!

Also, for my steering wheel interface I didn't get a chance to start it because it's too dark in my car (midnight) so I figured I'd call it a night, anyways, I'm a little confused as to which cables to use from the existing harness and my new one. On the axxess interface the cables are as follows:
    Pin 1: Pink
    Pin 2: White/Green
    Pin 3: Orange/Green
    4: Green/Orange (which kind of makes me laugh due to Pin 3, if anyone watches Archer they'll get me_
    5: Gray/Red
    6: Black
    7:Blue/Pink
    8: Black/Green
    9: Red (tip of 3.5mm connector)
    10: White (Ring of 3.5mm connector)
    11: Gray/Blue
    12: Red

And in the Application Chart it shows this for Tacoma's:
    Pin Mber(s) used on the ASWC: 4, 8 (Green/Orange and Black/Green)
    Vehicles 1st SWC wire color: Violet/white
    1st SWC wire pin #: 7 (so the 7th pin is violet/white I'm guessing)
    Vehicles 2nd SWC wire color: Yellow/Black
    2nd SWC wire pin #: 8 (and Yellow/Black is the 8th pin then?)
    Vehicles reference gnd wire color (connect to gnd): White/Red (But what do I connect to this? There isn't a specific ground on my steering wheel interface that it said at least)

Thanks again guys
    Reference grn pin #: 6 (so the 6th pin is the ground)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338536809.141838.jpg

2. Jun 1, 2012 at 12:53 AM
    Manwithoutaplan

Manwithoutaplan the full Monty

Member:
    ID
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma Speedway Blue Trd 4x4
    -Nitro 4.56 gears - Arb Front and Rear lockers. -Rear Swing out bumper Curiosity of ( Dept .94) https://www.facebook.com/Dept94 -Tinted, -ProComp 6 inch lift with Icon Coil overs and Bilstein's 7100Resi -315/70/17 - 17x8 in Pro Comp Matte black rims 4.5 bs -East Coast Gear Supply Sliders -ALL Pro EXP LEaf pack -Camburg UCA's -CAB mount CHOP
    pm Proforce or Jerez theyare good with electirical stuff.

3. Jun 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM
    RobbySkateboard

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I'd rather not bother them with a pm if I can help it, there has to be someone in here who can help me. I went forward and tried it myself, I already had the harness grounded so that's no issue, but no combination of the purple/white, yellow/black (those two are from the existing harness, there were only 3 and one is ground) and green/orange or black/green work, the axxess interface blinks flashing red when it turns on which indicates the wires are improperly connected (switching them yields the same result) and after that it does a constant slower flash of red lights, I tried holding the volume up button for 7 seconds to do a manual detect but no luck either cable configuration, I got it to do a short flash which indicated the pink cable is used but I don't know which to omit or where to plug it or if that's even right

4. Jun 1, 2012 at 10:31 AM
    RobbySkateboard

Member:
    First Name:
    Robby
    Thousand Oaks, Ca
    Vehicle:
    As you can see, my wires aren't plugged into the 7 and 8 pin like the website saysImageUploadedByTapatalk1338571762.687760.jpg, they're attached to 3, 4 and 5, the guy on their tech customer service phone line was kind of a dick and wouldn't listen to me and just seemed insistent in getting off the phone so I have no help there, please someone I'm dying here

Products Discussed in

To Top