1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody want an exhaust? Trade for your stock

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by 348rr808, May 17, 2012.

1. May 17, 2012 at 3:35 AM
    348rr808

348rr808 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    085LUG
    Watsup everybody , this is mainly for oahu. I live on the northshore. I have a 2wd 5 lug 2008 access cab long bed .. Not too sure what type of exhaust yet but its a dual like 2 1/2 - 3 " stainless steel pipes out the corners of the rear.. The exhaust was on the truck when i bought it.. Sounds chery and gives my truck a real strong n instant torque.. Not to sure about mpg's since ivehad it the whole time but the exhaust is just to loud for my taste id rather it be a smooth ride then make a roar everytime i hit the gas.. So if anyones interested reply and ill answer any questions.. Im just looking to trade for a stock 2wd exhaust and you can have mine.. If you knew how to switch them it would be the easiest if we had to go to a shop its on you but im sure someone looking for an exhaust will be stoked with it. Makes my lil truck sound like a beast!.. Mahalo

2. May 31, 2012 at 1:51 AM
    HonoluluTaco

HonoluluTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    Aloha buddy, so I am looking to get rid of my stock exhaust. it's for a 2010 DC/SB.
    I'll bet we can make it work on your truck, but I need help with putting on my 3" lift.
    Let me know...
    [​IMG]

3. May 31, 2012 at 10:39 PM
    ShaydenandDiezel

ShaydenandDiezel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    6 inch Pro Comp Suspension Lift. K&N intake. Air Raid throttle body spacer. 20 inch XD Diesel rims. 33x13.50 Irok tires. Single in dual out exhaust with SS tips.
    Sounds like you guys should set a date, buy some beers, an get some TW members over there to help out and make it a get together. Nothing better then a bunch of free help.

4. May 31, 2012 at 11:18 PM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    2010 TRD OffRoad DC/SB, 285/70/17 KM2's, Mickey Thompson Classic Locks, Total Chaos UCA's King 2.5 RR Coilover 3" AllPro Leaf Pack, 2.0 Fox RR, Ubolt flip kit, MBRP dual cat back, URD TCAI and MAF Calibrator, TRD Sport Hood w/ scoop, E&G Classics Custom Stainless Grill, Color matched grill and door handles WeatherTech floor mats, FormulaOne Pinacle 15%+Air blue windshield Tint, RedLine hood struts, TRD 3rd Brake light Decal, Relentless Fab Hybrid 2 piece Sliders with Kick out Relentless Fab Aluminum Front bumper, Relentless steel rear bumper, Relentless Steel IFS B.A.M.F LCA Skids, w/ Rear Diff Skid ordered In my Spare room waiting to be installed sits, Wet Okoles, Illuminated 4x4 switch mod, SockMonkey Hawaii TRD OffRoad Decal, Big box of Rammat, Speakers and Custom Sub from Mr.Marv,
    that's a good idea

5. Jun 1, 2012 at 10:38 AM
    West31

West31 The only easy day was yesterday

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    Actually I would trade with you my stock one on my 2009 access but I dont know how to take it off and install another one. Plus my truck is a 4cyl dont know if it would fit anyhow

6. Jun 1, 2012 at 11:24 AM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    It's super easy guys, take like less than an hour to include spraying the rubber hangers with dish soap to loosen them. I just took off my stock and installed a dual cat back last weekend. Might need jack stands though cuz westin's truck is pretty low to the ground, probably cant fit under. Let me know if you want help.

7. Jun 3, 2012 at 1:11 AM
    348rr808

348rr808 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    085LUG
    Hey guys, jeez I been checking my account like everyday since I posted this, I been waiting for something to pop up but I didn't no I just had to open the thread and it was already getting replied to. Thanks to everyone, this was my first thread but I been getting a lot of help through pm's with a bunch of great ppl..

8. Jun 3, 2012 at 1:13 AM
    348rr808

348rr808 [OP] Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    085LUG
    Honolulutaco I'd be stoked and interested in yours but not sure how much help I would be with helping you lift yours ?

But west we got the same truck Im pretty positive they should both fit properly?

Mahalo to all so far.

9. Jun 3, 2012 at 12:36 PM
    ShaydenandDiezel

ShaydenandDiezel Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    TRD
    6 inch Pro Comp Suspension Lift. K&N intake. Air Raid throttle body spacer. 20 inch XD Diesel rims. 33x13.50 Irok tires. Single in dual out exhaust with SS tips.
    Bro's if we get enough members together I am sure we will have more then enough knowledge, personnel, tools, beers to get any job done.

10. Jun 3, 2012 at 2:28 PM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    Ok TX Novice just came by and picked up the free floor mats and door sill protectors, left me with some beer money to boot, Thanks brother.
    We definitely all need to get some kind of MOD day or at least a day were we all meet.
    348rr808 I'm more than willing to help, no worries about knowing how to install a lift, a lot of times it's just having an extra hand.

11. Jun 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    West31

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    Yeah I dont know to much about the install stuff, but I can definitely bring a cooler of beer. Just got to let me know when and where, and heineken, budlight, blue moon, budweiser, or should I just bring a medley of everything?

12. Jun 3, 2012 at 4:45 PM
    West31

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys maybe you can help me. I heard a while ago that projector headlights are illegal in hawaii is that true? Cause I wanted to pick up this set up from another TW member.

13. Jun 3, 2012 at 6:16 PM
    HonoluluTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Koi
    Reston Virginia
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD 4x4 OffRoad DC/SB
    Are they HID?

14. Jun 3, 2012 at 6:19 PM
    West31

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    2011-01-29_19-27-43_176_fdca400675e54941dd3375027a8065fc01a6a83f.jpg
    Not to sure I know HIDs are illegal but another user is selling these for $50 thats a downright steal. I just hope theyre legal and I can fit them on my truck, not really a technical genius here. As for the exhaust I am totally in I just would want to put a silencer on it cause I live in a older neighborhood and dont want to piss someone off.

15. Jul 2, 2012 at 11:57 AM
    Cheehoo

Cheehoo Um, I don't have a "member"

Member:
    First Name:
    Angela
    Southern Utah
    shit, they better be legal, i just put the same damn ones on my truck yesterday. Better keep the stock ones just in case. Gotta check the DMV website, or what? You guys know where i can look to see if can keep these on? (Shipping it from Utah at the end of the month)

16. Jul 2, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    holokai

holokai Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Honolulu
    Vehicle:
    '12 PreRunner SR5 Access Cab
    Installed: OEM Bed Mat, Secondary Air Filter Delete/AFE/stock CAI elbow mod, LEDs ( Rear License Plate, Map, and Dome Lights), Ceramic Tint (Front 35%, Rear 27ish%), Viper Security, Image Dynamics Front Components, 4 channel Arc Audio Amp (rear channels bridged for sub), Kicker CVT 6.5 (yes, it's a tiny sub but it's enough to keep me happy), Headunit (Bluetooth and iPod/Pandora), EGR Window Visors, OEM Door Sill Protectors, Roll-N-Lock, Wet Okoles, Fog Lights with 2500k bulbs, UltraGauge EM, Spidertrax spacers, Smittybilt Side Steps, Tooter 2.7 Intake Manifold Spacer Upcoming: LCE Headers?
    I think the projector housings are okay but the bulbs can't be HID unless they're OEM. It's something stupid like that seeing as some of the older models of the G35, Prius, etc, came with HID bulbs and reflector housings. If anything you can go ask a safety check place or swap in stock headlights when you need to.

17. Jul 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM
    West31

Member:
    First Name:
    Westin
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4cyl SR5
    Hard luck my fellow Hawaii Taco owners I was just at Goodyear getting my safety check done and when I asked him per the Dept of Trans. Regulations projector halo lights are not permitted on vehicles for aftermarket use. If the headlights are factory issued they are legal. All HID configurations are illegal but I think we all new that.

FUCK YOU dept of trans.... Shoot I know HIDs were illegal but I was hoping these were so I can see better at night. I dont understand if they are factory issued they are legal but aftermarket isnt. Thats just bullshit it should be all or nothing just make it simple. Now if I want those Halo Eyes I have to buy like and Acura or Lexus.

18. Jul 11, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    808TacoMan

808TacoMan HAWAIIAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Toytec Ultimate lift Coilovers Toytec AAL No diff Drop 5% Tint all around Morimoto 2Stroke LEDS High and Low Morimoto Fog Lights MESO Key FOBs
    are there a lot of guys running HIDs out there? I know big island get choke

19. Jul 11, 2012 at 5:28 AM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    HIDs are Illegal. Aftermarket Projectors are Illegal.

Cops, as long as your nice to them, won't give you a ticket. Alot of them run HIDS too now. I notice they don't really crack down on it anymore unless you have like blue HIDs lol.

the projectors are not DOT approved, even if they have the stamp, it's a fake stamp.

20. Jul 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM
    808TacoMan

808TacoMan HAWAIIAN

Member:
    First Name:
    Lawson
    Honolulu, HI
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR
    Toytec Ultimate lift Coilovers Toytec AAL No diff Drop 5% Tint all around Morimoto 2Stroke LEDS High and Low Morimoto Fog Lights MESO Key FOBs
    My dads a cop, and he told me as long as the officer doesnt see it as blue they usually wont do anything. but thats just him

Products Discussed in

To Top