1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vibram Five Fingers

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by THXEY, Jul 3, 2010.

1. Jun 5, 2012 at 7:59 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Unhinged and Fluid

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark "Buck"
    Jackson Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    Woa thread revival! Forgot about this one! Speaking of VFF, in moab I noticed a few others with them as well.

Congrats on the new kicks! You'll love em. I haven't heard of a single person who bought em, got used to them and hated them. Transition slowly for the first few weeks, don't over do it and pay attention when/if it starts to hurt or get sore. The point is all about strengthening and building the muscles and tendons which doesn't happen instantly.

Speaking of which, i'm up to 3 pairs now, got the bikilas a little while ago. After wearing them for a bit and having them stretch out I think they are now my favorite.

Resampled_2012-04-03_13-30-17_458.jpg

My gf just didn't dig the whole toe thing either, so she too got the minimus and after getting used to them she really really likes them. Now that she has experienced the whole minimalist thing she sees that what i was saying was true and that im not crazy:rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:27 PM
    Btnewman

Btnewman Benjamin Newman

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Grand Junction co
    Vehicle:
    Uh. It's beat to he//. But it's only 1 owner.
    Custom body work/damage ARB rear locker Bumpers Shocks Other parts Tires and Rims Air tank fully plumbed into truck "Golf ball mod"
    Love these shoe thingies! If they didn't start to stink after wearing them for a week straight with no showers (moab camping) I would wear these everywhere! I would even do the dirty in them!

3. Jun 6, 2012 at 11:44 AM
    skytower

skytower Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4
    Hitch and wiring, aux back-up light, rear strobe lights, radio and underseat sub.
    Quite a few of my hashing friends use them. They swear by them. The only place they suck is on sharp rock paths.

4. Jun 7, 2012 at 3:26 AM
    x ynot

x ynot Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tony
    lucedale, ms
    Vehicle:
    06 xrunner and 99 prerunner
    step side k&n air filter tool box and running boards
    i see a new pair in my future

5. Jun 7, 2012 at 3:30 AM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    I love my VFF :D had them for a few years now enjoy them all the time

6. Jun 7, 2012 at 3:42 AM
    dearduff

dearduff Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    New-Brunswick
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma DCLB TRD Upgrade 4X4 Black
    Toyota Running Boards, Hood Deflector, Bed Mat ...more to come
    I've also had a pair for the past 2-3 years. Wear them all the time in the summer and at the gym when working legs.

I've worn them in the water, as long as I give them a good cleaning afterwards, they are like new.

I'm probably due for a new pair in the next year!

7. Jun 7, 2012 at 4:08 AM
    WoadWunner

WoadWunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter
    Bridgetown, Nova Scotia
    Vehicle:
    17 Accesscab TRD Offroad Inferno
    Tonneau Cover, Devils Horns on the way, Blackened Grill, LED Low beams and Fogs, weathertecs
    I have two pairs and have been using them for over a year. If I could , I would not wear anything else, but they don't provide any protection for riding a motorcycle or working in hazardous environments. So I have them on approximately 50% of the time.

Products Discussed in

To Top