1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Looking to upgrade to Bluetooth for my 2009 Taco

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by fallon, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Jun 6, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    fallon

fallon [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I have a 2009 access cab TRD sport that is lacking in the phone connectivity department. The stereo is fine (the stock head, amp, sub & what not is perfectly fine for me, non-JBL I believe), but the cheap bluetooth speakerphone unit I have just isn't cutting it with my new long commute.

Are there any good integrated bluetooth systems that will integrate well with the stock stereo? Is something like a USA SPEC BT35-TOY Bluetooth Phone & Music Interface going to be worth it? At $150ish, I'm not that far away from a pretty decent double DIN head unit.

I'm looking for bluetooth hands free as well as streaming audio for my Android (AT&T's version of the Samsung Galaxy S, soon to be upgraded to the AT&T version of the Galaxy S 3 I expect) phone. HD radio & the RDS (station & song names) would be nice. I don't have need for the 6 disk changer in the stock head unit nor DVD's, navigation, satellite radio & some of the fancy bells & whistles.

I've poked around a bit & these seem to fit my needs:
    • Pioneer AVH-P3400BH
    • JVC KW-HDR81BT
    Any reviews or other recommendations? I'd prefer to keep the budget to a couple hundred or so.

Interfacing a new head unit to the stock buttons on the steering wheel looks to be about another $60, which I'd probably end up doing.

I'm plenty handy on the electronics end of things, just looking for some suggestions on what equipment might fit my needs & has good reviews.

Products Discussed in

To Top