1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My new bed box

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cntstan, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 8, 2009 at 2:34 PM
    cntstan

cntstan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    I made one of these for my old suburban and loved having it. It's not hard to make and helps keep stuff from rolling all over the bed. The only thing I would like is to find some heavy duty slides so that the whole box could slide in and out, (maybe using the bed bolts as anchors for the slides) that way I wouldn't have to climb in the bed to reach the lift top box in the back. You could make dividers for the drawer to keep things organized, I just haven't gotten around to that yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Apr 8, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    jolayiv

jolayiv Carolina Alliance

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hertford NC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC TRD 4x4 Off-Road
    Revenge-Fab Sliders, AVS Vent Guards, Rear TSB, Hose clamp MOD, Locker MOD, Flowmaster 40 Series Delta Flow, Midland Radio, Wilson 1000 antenna, Rear Diff breather MOD, Weathertech liners, Maglite mount, Bed Divider, LEER 100XR, Pop&Lock
    Wow man. That looks really good. There are different systems out there (like you have) that have the rails on them. You may be able to get your hands on one of those and use the rails off of that one.

BTW did you get the suspension sorted out?

3. Apr 8, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    cntstan

cntstan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Wisconsin now, North Carolina will always be HOME
    Vehicle:
    08 DC SR5 4X4 ; 94 Ford Bronco
    3" Toytec coilovers, rear AAL,satoshi'd grill,ARE topper,TRD exhaust, All Pro winch bumper, Warn winch, All Pro skid, Pro comp 7089's, Supersprings, Wet Okole seat covers
    Hey man! I'll have to look into the ones that are made with the rails already attached. And no, I didn't get the springs back off yet. I did get the lifetime alignment from Firestone and it rides just fine. I'm hoping to get time later this week and get them off to try adjusting them some more. I never did hear back from Toytec, but I know what they're gonna say...."sounds like you've got it adjusted up as much as it's supposed to go". That's O.K., I'll figure something out!

Products Discussed in

To Top