1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

is the TRD package worth it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NWtacoma, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Jun 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier Not PB Mike

Member:
    First Name:
    The Doctor
    Commiefornia
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    2008 Tacoma DCLB 4X4 SR5 -Pelfreybilt Steel front single-hoop bumper (12+ conversion) -Baja Designs Squadrons -Baja Designs S8 20” -KM FABRICATION custom 1/4" steel bumper mounts -Warn ZEON Platinum 12,000lb Winch -Pelfreybilt Rear HI-Clearance bumper with swingout -NATO can carrier -Folding Aluminum table -RIGID SRQ reverse lights -Full Pelfreybilt skids -ARB air compressor under the hood -Custom CO2 Setup -KMFAB Custom ext brake line brackets -KMFAB Bedrack -Camping Lab MANSION RTT -ARB Touring 6' Awning -Litra Torch camping light -CTC Bed Cap, color matched -Toyota OEM bedmat -KMFAB bed reinforcement -Pelfreybilt Sliders -BAMF Bed corner tie down brackets -Custom chopped front fenders -OTTRAW switches -King Ext Travel front CO's -King 700# coils -Total Chaos Uni-ball UCA's -Sway-A-Way 2.0 rear ext travel shocks -OME Dakar HD pack with extra AAL -35" Falken MT01s -16" SCS SR8's in Black -Kustom 54 Retrofits -Smoked Tails -Airflow Snorkel -Cobra 29LX CB with PA and the fixins' -KMFAB CB antenna mounts -Pioneer in dash DVD with Nav -Weathertech mats
    Lookin good my man!

2. Jun 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
    greenrustic

greenrustic Well-Known Member

Member:
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCLB 4x4 TRD SPORT
    Access LTD Tonneau Cover, Weather Tech Digital Fit Mats, Weather Tech Rain Guards, 35% Tint up Front, AFE Dry Power Intake Filter, Debadged, GrilleCraft, OME 884x, OME 9000 NitroChargers, Icon 3 Leaf Progressive AAL
    Thanks!

3. Jun 9, 2012 at 9:09 AM
    magnetic11

magnetic11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    "some nuke plant"
    Vehicle:
    11 trd sport
    Fab fours front and rear bumpers, B.A.M.F. weld on rock sliders, softopper, removed mud flaps and D-Badged everything. Icon 2.5 Extended Travel coil-overs, Total Chaos upppers, 2.0 Icon extended travel shocks with the resi's and Dekar Leaf packs.
    id say if your going to do any aftermarket stuff to your truck, than id say no. i got mine because i got a great deal on it. but i wouldnt pay sticker for it. if your just going to swap out suspinsion, bumpers, wheels and tires than why not just get the sr5 and do all of that to it. but i liked all the color keyed fitures and the hood scoop that adds 25hp, i belive thats what they claim, well thats what the salesman told me..lol

4. Jun 9, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    cjcarner

cjcarner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Savannah, GA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 6MT DCSB
    Rhino Rack roof rack with an Inno fairing, Snugtop Rebel cap
    You should get most of it back when you resell anyway. I say go for it. I love my seats, and I don't plan on changing the suspension other than maybe an AAL eventually and some front 5100s.

5. Jun 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    dfrugia

dfrugia Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Goose
    Roswell, NM
    Vehicle:
    2012 DC TRD OFF RD 4X4
    Running boards w/steps, Weathertechs
    TRD OFF ROAD was worth it to me

6. Jun 9, 2012 at 10:13 AM
    BillJC

BillJC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Novato, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 White SR5 DCLB 4x4
    If they made an Offroad in a DCLB, I would have bought it. Bought a new SR5 and lifted it within the first month of ownership. I drove a Sport and I couldn't justify the extra cost for just the color match, wheels, temp display, and seats. I was going to start modifying it anyway.The only option I really wanted was ATRAC, but it's not available in the DCLB configuration. I figure I'll just use the money I saved by not buying a Sport and put a locker in the back instead. Couldn't be happier with my slightly modified SR5.

3e55a35c_c9204eebd8d72ecd5074ff768fb9508f91c8e67b.jpg

7. Jun 9, 2012 at 11:18 AM
    the.sight.picture

the.sight.picture Wishes he was in the woods.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Blue Ridge
    Vehicle:
    2018 QuickSand
    Check out my build thread (Beginning of Money Pit)
    whatever YOU want. I like the Off road. But, i didn't buy the truck new, so, i dint pay the "NEW TRD" price. Which really is a a lot. If i was buying new, it would be SR5 and then spend the rest of the money on the mods. But, for a mall crawler just slap the sticker on:D

by the way, i removed the trd badges after purchase anyways....

8. Jun 10, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    Terrin81

Terrin81 Active Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 Trd Sport DCSB
    I bought t he TRD Sport and am very happy with it. Color match and seats are great, and it has the entune, so it was exactly what I was looking for.

Products Discussed in

To Top