1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto down power window switch - Searched NO LUCK

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by aces2, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Apr 9, 2009 at 7:08 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Damn...if I could swap out the auto down on my wife's jeep, I would definitely do so. I HATE the auto-down. I like auto up but I rarely put the window the whole way down and do not have that gentle touch to get it just right.

I auto down but try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it. Then it begins to auto up and I try to stop it. Then it auto downs and I try to stop it.

Then I just leave it up and turn on the AC!

2. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can't believe you spent long enuf to type of copy paste all that...

The switches on my scion are great...Don't normally have issues with over shooting the detente and playing ping pong.

3. Apr 9, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    I got the DEI 530T in today. About to start reading the FSM manual to see about getting it wired up... Will post a tutorial in the near future.

4. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
  5. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro

Everything about the Jeep pisses me off. I would probably not bitch if it was on my Taco :rolleyes:

I have copy/paste on my mouse. Only typed it once :D

6. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:48 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:

got it installed. Just gotta run the wires through that rubber thing in the door. gonna be a hassell there. I hate running wires through that thing.

For now I'm going to wire it to both the drivers side doors rather than both front doors. I am going to get another one if this works and I will install the second one in the passengers side front door.

I guess if you have an access cab though, you just need one unit to do all the windows. Don't worry though, I'll have a step by step picture tutorial to go along with it :)

7. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    awesome. Do it. I'll do it after you if it works

8. Apr 9, 2009 at 10:54 AM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    Word. It'll be a bit later cause I'm about to head out for class. If i don't get it up tonight, expect it tomorrow morning. Quick question, how did you get the links in your signature to say what the thread is and not just the link. I did it on my first one, forgot how for the second one.

9. Apr 9, 2009 at 12:02 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/misc.php?action=bbcode

Check that website and follow the instructions. very easy stuff

:threadjacked: SORRY!

10. Apr 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM
    jonny

jonny Betty White Edition Heep ZJ

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    pretty damn good :D

11. Apr 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    FlawedXJ

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    I installed the DEI 530T. It worked like it said it would. However, its always auto up and always auto down. To stop it, you have to click in the opposite direction. I decided to take it out cause i didn't feel like installing another one for the other two windows. Who ever wants it pm me and we negotiate a price on it. If not I'll put it on ebay in a few days.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  12. Apr 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Youre PM'd.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top