1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Would you buy this? Help! need to decide within a couple hours.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Toyota Tacoma, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jul 11, 2012 at 6:00 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    I got it and it's great, it doesn't shift hard unless its under medium load. Still going in for inspection but its not as bad as expected.

Do any of you think the straight pipe would cause strange idle or any other problems?

2. Jul 11, 2012 at 6:07 PM
    KenLyns

KenLyns 8.75" Third Member

Member:
    Belly of the Beast
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD Off-Road Full-Auto
    LED Headlights, Volant CAI, 32" Duratracs
    Do a transmission flush at the dealer and see if the hard shifting goes away. The milage justifies one anyway.

3. Jul 11, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    lowrange

lowrange Supreme Commander of the Army of the Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Are Can Saw
    Vehicle:
    15 TRD Sport
    I hear ya. As much as I enjoy his posts and the great information he provides, I had to put him on my ignore list. That sig pic is just too nasty!

4. Jul 11, 2012 at 10:13 PM
    Toyota Tacoma

Toyota Tacoma [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Kelowna, bc
    Vehicle:
    dbl cab long box
    Suspension: -Bilistien 5100's all around -Add a leaf -Firestone ride rite air bags Performance: -K&N cold air -Borla cat back Stereo: -Pioneer AVH-X2500BT head unit -Kenwood 1400 shallow mount 12'' sub in custom box -Alpine 1100 amp -Alpine 400 4 channel -4 energy component 6.5's Wheels/tires: -17x9 with 4.5 backspacing XD hoss rims with 33'' bfTreadwright gaurd dogs and spidertrax spacers Looks: -Satoshi grille made by myself -Hood, front bumper, grille, roof, tailgate and rear bumper plasti-dipped. -BHLM -eyelids -matted out tailights -Tacoma bed mat Small mods : -Trailer 7 pin replaced and moved into bumper beside licence plate -Removed mud flaps -Repainted frame/lower a-arms, skid and rear diff/housing with por15 -Led bulbs -Interior lights replaced with blue led's -Beep on lock added
    So here's some pics of the truck (sorry for iphone pics, tons of glare)

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]

5. Jul 11, 2012 at 10:33 PM
    TeamSarcasm

TeamSarcasm Flawless Escalation to the Ludicrous

Member:
    The better coast
    For some reason i thought the truck was manual :p

But congrats! hope it checks out well and you like it!

Products Discussed in

To Top